Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Thanks for the link Kerry, that's such a cute bra! They don't do my size but I'm sure that some of the other PR ladies will be pleased to know it's available especially at such a good price!

Madison Paige

Familiar Face
Hello Ladies,

After looking through this thread and visiting all the different corset websites, I'm curious, what's the very best place to buy one? I am considering purchasing one, maybe even a custom one. I'd like one that has REAL boning, metal I'm assuming, and something that could take me down about 2-5 inches. Any recommendations?

kerry

One of the Regulars
Hi Ladies, I've decided I might try the next size down in the rago waistcincher girdle. I was going to at the same time order the corselette to try. Has anyone else tried the corselette, if so how does it compare to the waistcincher and or underbust girdle?
If the waistcincher works better for me a size down I will probably be putting my present one on ebay ( ive only had it a couple of weeks) and will let you all know on here first incase anyones interested.
Kerry xxx

Missus Charles

New in Town
Chinstrap as beauty product

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post and I'm a little nervous about sounding stupid, so bear with me. I am curious about the use of elastic chinstraps cosmetically. I know they are sold for medical purposes these days, but I swear I have seen pictures of women in the 20's and 30' (and earlier) wearing them to bed in an effort to keep the skin and muscles under the chin firm. Does anyone have any information on its use, effectiveness, or accuracy?

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Missus Charles said:
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post and I'm a little nervous about sounding stupid, so bear with me. I am curious about the use of elastic chinstraps cosmetically. I know they are sold for medical purposes these days, but I swear I have seen pictures of women in the 20's and 30' (and earlier) wearing them to bed in an effort to keep the skin and muscles under the chin firm. Does anyone have any information on its use, effectiveness, or accuracy?

Welcome to the forum Missus Charles! This question would probably be better suited in the beauty forum and in its own thread. Its a great question. I do remember seeing women do this in movies.

Samantha

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Goldfish said:
I have found a site that - as I heard - makes good quality corset for really cheap: http://www.corsettailor.info their order min. is 800 $, I am quite tempted :eek:

This is a very sensitive subject for me so I'll try to keep on topic and word this properly..

Many well priced corsets you find in places like Ebay are bought wholesale from company's like these. A mass produced factory "corset" such as the ones being sold on that website are not to be considered well made corsetry suitable for anything but costume. You want the look for a party? Go ahead and buy a reasonably priced OTR corset but don't expect long term comfortable indestructible wear. I'm not trying to be a corset snob and say you must buy custom and what not. I've just seen some really bad corsets like those being sold on that website with boning poking through the fabric, not closing all the way properly, binding falling apart, broken busks, you name what could go wrong with a corset I've seen it. Take a close look at some of the pictures on the website and you'll see what I mean. Ex. There shouldn't be gaps at the top or bottom of the front closure, that means that the busk is too short and will eventually tear through the fabric.

Main point I'm making is to just be cautious and informed when buying corsets, or anything for that matter. I love corsets. I think everyone should wear corsets! So just be careful what you buy, you buy it because you want to wear it, so get something you'll be able to love to wear over and over again. :)

Goldfish

A-List Customer
MissHuff said:
This is a very sensitive subject for me so I'll try to keep on topic and word this properly..

Many well priced corsets you find in places like Ebay are bought wholesale from company's like these. A mass produced factory "corset" such as the ones being sold on that website are not to be considered well made corsetry suitable for anything but costume. You want the look for a party? Go ahead and buy a reasonably priced OTR corset but don't expect long term comfortable indestructible wear. I'm not trying to be a corset snob and say you must buy custom and what not. I've just seen some really bad corsets like those being sold on that website with boning poking through the fabric, not closing all the way properly, binding falling apart, broken busks, you name what could go wrong with a corset I've seen it. Take a close look at some of the pictures on the website and you'll see what I mean. Ex. There shouldn't be gaps at the top or bottom of the front closure, that means that the busk is too short and will eventually tear through the fabric.

Main point I'm making is to just be cautious and informed when buying corsets, or anything for that matter. I love corsets. I think everyone should wear corsets! So just be careful what you buy, you buy it because you want to wear it, so get something you'll be able to love to wear over and over again. :)

Well, I wondered if they had good quality, but since people here seem to be satisfied with them, I thought they know what they are talking about because they wear a lot of corsets in the scene :(

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just thought Id tell y'all about a sale at JMS is having on Glamorise! These are the best bras Ive come across. They are so comfy, and give a good vintage shape.

They have them in the hard to find sizes too! Im a 38I and they have those in stock!

LD

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Goldfish said:
Well, I wondered if they had good quality, but since people here seem to be satisfied with them, I thought they know what they are talking about because they wear a lot of corsets in the scene :(

I didn't want you to feel bad about it :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: I just wanted to make sure people were informed before buying something.

If you like it go ahead and buy it. Like I said buy what will make you happy.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kerry said:
Hi Ladies, I've decided I might try the next size down in the rago waistcincher girdle. I was going to at the same time order the corselette to try. Has anyone else tried the corselette, if so how does it compare to the waistcincher and or underbust girdle?
If the waistcincher works better for me a size down I will probably be putting my present one on ebay ( ive only had it a couple of weeks) and will let you all know on here first incase anyones interested.

Kerry, the waist cincher will give you a more defined hourglass shape. The corselette will kindof smuch you down all over (as in, you'll also get reduction in your hips). You will not get as much waist reduction from the corselette.

Josephine

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
I just thought Id tell y'all about a sale at JMS is having on Glamorise! These are the best bras Ive come across. They are so comfy, and give a good vintage shape.

They have them in the hard to find sizes too! Im a 38I and they have those in stock!

LD

I'm scared to get a bra in a new brand. I know what fits me and a 34G in Panache isn't the same in another. What if it doesn't fit? O.O </slight melodrama>

Well, at least they accept returns. It should be interesting to see what size they say I am vs what I wear. I think I might "risk" it! :)

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Josephine said:
I'm scared to get a bra in a new brand. I know what fits me and a 34G in Panache isn't the same in another. What if it doesn't fit? O.O </slight melodrama>

Well, at least they accept returns. It should be interesting to see what size they say I am vs what I wear. I think I might "risk" it! :)

If Panache is what you're used to, I don't recommend the Glamorise bra. I recently made the switch from Glamorise to Panache and am much happier with Panache, much more support.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Josephine said:

Oh I hear that. Im only getting these after I tried on a number of different styles, brands and sizes when I went to have a bra fitting a few weeks ago. I tried on a Panache and its nice, but they didnt have the color I wanted :(

LD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
New panties from Victoria's Secret! Very similar to the "pinup girl panties" that are sold at some places online.

Called the "high waist panty", 3 for $25.
V273886.jpg

This one is called the "Starlet Panty" and is priced at $18.
V274724.jpg

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
ooh, those first ones are cute! i was just there last week but didn't see them. i'll be back today though, since 2 of the 5 pairs of panties i bought were flawed when i got them home. :mad: store credit!!!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Fleur De Guerre said:
Good old Marks and Sparks have a similar pair out now:

41%2BFTDhqaKL._SX280_SH35_.jpg

This collection is apparently inspired by the 1920s. Riiight! :rolleyes:

Cute :D
Had a look at those "High Waist Panties" and the smallest size comes in at a 26" waist *sobs* - They haven't got that wrong by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy