Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Hope this is ok, just a little bit of self-promotion... I'm selling off a load of bullet bras in the classified section. I spent ages buying various sizes from Ebay until i found the right one at last and these are all the rejects that didn't quite fit (or anywhere near fit - 28E???! Who was I kidding?!). They're all deadstock and mint apart from odd bits of yellowing. 3 of them are the extraordiary Figurette style, where you literally pull your boob through a hole and then clip the cup up over it. Bizarre but effective!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MissHannah said:
3 of them are the extraordiary Figurette style, where you literally pull your boob through a hole and then clip the cup up over it. Bizarre but effective!

Sounds kindof like a nursing bra to me.

PS

A-List Customer
Kitty,
That is what I thought too! But on some of the more risque sites, I've seen them called Drop Cup bras. My favorite bra ever was a nursing bra, I'd be lying if I didn't say I was tempted to wear that particular style full time. It was super supportive.

Did you ever decide about the Rago 821 we were talking about? I was thinking of getting it, but going down a size and wanted to see what you thought. And here's a random..can't choose between black or white. I am afraid white will yellow and stain but am afraid black might show through too much?

PS

A-List Customer
Kami---oh thanks for that link! I just found some at herroom.com too. You search by ruffle and you get a few options. Shirley of Hollywood makes some buy only in Plus o/s, Hondeydew makes several but they look very junior-ish, just thought I'd share.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Lyburnum, do you mind me asking which size you got and what size your waist is naturally? From your photos you look like a pretty slim gal and I was thinking about getting the cincher to get my waist down just an inch to 23-24"

If this is a little too much info on the public boards drop me a PM. Or ignore me if you think it's just too impertinent full-stop!! Oh and I found the bra back sizes big too - I'm usually a 30-32 but their 32 was WAY too big. If they ever start doing a 30" or even a 28" I will be a very happy woman :)

You probably know this but M&S do bras with a 30 back. No bullet bras obviously though ;)

lyburnum

Practically Family
This arrived today:

corsetvtg3.jpg

And took my 24 inch waist down to a 21 inch waist. I have to say, looking in the mirror I was a little freaked out. Not sure if I'll ever have the confidence to wear it....

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PS said:
Kitty,
Did you ever decide about the Rago 821 we were talking about? I was thinking of getting it, but going down a size and wanted to see what you thought. And here's a random..can't choose between black or white. I am afraid white will yellow and stain but am afraid black might show through too much?

I haven't gotten one yet, as I don't have the money right now. I also don't know what size to get, as Lady Day has said she went down two sizes. I have a 27" waist, so that falls between sizes anyway, and I'm not sure if I'd need a M or a Sm. I'm afraid going with the small might cut into my hips too much.

If you're worried about color, I'd get a nude one. Nude is the least visible under all colors of clothing.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
lyburnum said:
This arrived today:

corsetvtg3.jpg

And took my 24 inch waist down to a 21 inch waist. I have to say, looking in the mirror I was a little freaked out. Not sure if I'll ever have the confidence to wear it....

You'll get better cinching if you lace it bidirectionally so that it ties in the middle and not at the bottom.

Belaqua

New in Town
Don't you just hate when you wear a regular cuffed shirt with a pair of slacks or a pencil skirt and it puffs up around the waistline? I can't stand that!!! I'm looking for a solution, and so far I've only been able to find these hideous things called "Shirt Stays". They're like suspenders that have been split into singles, and then one end is clipped the bottom of your shirt, and the other is clipped TO YOUR SOCKS!!! I can't do that... What I'm looking for is more of a garter belt with clips on both the top and on the bottom so that one set can grasp the shirt and one can hold up my stockings. Has anyone seen anything of the like? I really don't want to have to fashion my own!

-Belaqua

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Belaqua said:
Don't you just hate when you wear a regular cuffed shirt with a pair of slacks or a pencil skirt and it puffs up around the waistline? I can't stand that!!! I'm looking for a solution, and so far I've only been able to find these hideous things called "Shirt Stays". They're like suspenders that have been split into singles, and then one end is clipped the bottom of your shirt, and the other is clipped TO YOUR SOCKS!!! I can't do that... What I'm looking for is more of a garter belt with clips on both the top and on the bottom so that one set can grasp the shirt and one can hold up my stockings. Has anyone seen anything of the like? I really don't want to have to fashion my own!

-Belaqua

Ha ha.. sorry, only because my husband wears those with his uniforms. They really keep your shirt nice and tidy! When he gets back from the field next week, I can ask if there is something similar to what you are requesting. While he was recruiting, he had to wear them all the time, and I think maybe he found something that was easier... I just can't recall right now. I'll find out for you.

Belaqua

New in Town
~*Red*~ said:
Ha ha.. sorry, only because my husband wears those with his uniforms. They really keep your shirt nice and tidy! When he gets back from the field next week, I can ask if there is something similar to what you are requesting. While he was recruiting, he had to wear them all the time, and I think maybe he found something that was easier... I just can't recall right now. I'll find out for you.

Thanks red! I've heard such horror stories about those shirt stays, mostly that they chafe badly... your husband must have calves of steel! If worst comes to worst, I could probably use them on their shortest setting, I'm just worried that they will rip my stockings.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Belaqua said:

Wear a girdle and tuck your shirt into your girdle. Easy.

Belaqua

New in Town
KittyT said:
Wear a girdle and tuck your shirt into your girdle. Easy.

Wouldn't it pull out of the girdle also? All of my pencil skirts are form fitting and highwaisted, and the shirts still pull out. For thanksgiving I wore a men's cummerbund over everything to hide any poofies:

CIMG2884-1.JPG

And that worked pretty well, but I don't necessarily want to do it again.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Belaqua said:
Wouldn't it pull out of the girdle also? All of my pencil skirts are form fitting and highwaisted, and the shirts still pull out.

No. Girdles are tight and your shirt shouldn't pull out much.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Belaqua said:

-Belaqua

Yeah shirt stays are a tried and true piece of mens formal wear.

I second the girdle thing, or you could add extra onto your shirts so they are tucked in further.

LD

Myn

New in Town
PS said:
hmmm. a vanished post!

where do i find ruffled undies? WKD has some they cann Frilly Knickers, but I can't bring myself to spend 30 bucks plus shipping on a single pair of underpants.

Maybe you could add some ruffles to knickers you already own? Here's a ruffle tutorial http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/morganeccleston/HotRuffleSkirt.jpg

dang it, stupid DNS server problems again, so I can't link the others, but it doesn't look to hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot