Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gloves

I agree, it is sad. I get the sense that making gloves takes a lot of skills and special machinery to cut and sew them. It is a shame to lose this.

When speaking with Kim @ Vanson about gloves she remarked that they were down a few folks with the necessary skills to make the gloves to spec.

Chevalier

One of the Regulars
When speaking with Kim @ Vanson about gloves she remarked that they were down a few folks with the necessary skills to make the gloves to spec.
I hope those knowledgeable people stay at Vanson and teach their skills to some of the new people there. Their gloves that are made in house are really great. Fit and quality are both top notch!

Goel

A-List Customer
I've been liking Geier for the simple fact that they offer wool linings instead of synthetic, I just wish they offered it on more leathers and colors.

I hope those knowledgeable people stay at Vanson and teach their skills to some of the new people there. Their gloves that are made in house are really great. Fit and quality are both top notch!

They appear to be building that skill set back up again. When I ordered my gloves there was a bit of a backlog and some gloves were going out with small imperfections. At that point, I think one of their glove gurus was called back to active duty. I’m not sure. Maybe brought over from another section of the factory. In any case, he was getting it all back and up and running smooth. It still took about 6 weeks for me. But the gloves are amazing. Instantly my favorites.

AHP91

Practically Family
Speaking of gloves, I ordered these old lookin HD gloves -

Picture 4 of 10
Picture 1 of 10

And these which are too large but were too cheap, so I think I'll make a few dollars on them to make up a wee bit for my generous accepting of offers for some stuff I sold

1699662176786.png

1699662189967.png

1699662200023.png

Chevalier

One of the Regulars
They appear to be building that skill set back up again. When I ordered my gloves there was a bit of a backlog and some gloves were going out with small imperfections. At that point, I think one of their glove gurus was called back to active duty. I’m not sure. Maybe brought over from another section of the factory. In any case, he was getting it all back and up and running smooth. It still took about 6 weeks for me. But the gloves are amazing. Instantly my favorites.
Do you know how to tell which of their older/vintage gloves are made in house? I have seen a few online listings with tags for gloves clearly made elsewhere, but some with no tags at all. I assume gloves don’t get numbers assigned/stamped like jackets and other, larger items.

Do you know how to tell which of their older/vintage gloves are made in house? I have seen a few online listings with tags for gloves clearly made elsewhere, but some with no tags at all. I assume gloves don’t get numbers assigned/stamped like jackets and other, larger items.

My gloves are stamped like jackets. On a small piece of leather by the size tag.

Chevalier

One of the Regulars
You’re right! It is a long, narrow tag for
mine sewn into the cuff seam. It is skinny enough that I never noticed it before. Thanks for the heads up!
My gloves are stamped like jackets. On a small piece of leather by the size tag.

Chevalier

One of the Regulars
I just got these Elkskin gloves from Churchill Gloves. I had to exchange them because my regular size was too big, I guess this pattern is much larger. Anyway, such nice, thick, unlined gloves. View attachment 459955
I got a pair of these, as well. I think they were on my gift list last Christmas. The break in was rough, but so worth it. I just used them for a clean out/moving project, and they really kept my hands from getting torn up. The elk skin is tough! You still get a lot of dexterity, though. The only problem was, the work roughed up the palms a lot. An ill advised application of leather conditioner is still drying. Once the color evens out again, I’ll post some photos.

AHP91

Practically Family
Recently I picked up some Harley Davidson gloves (actually two of them, different styles). I believe they date to either the 1950s or 1960s. Interestingly, they appear nearly identical to Buco gloves from the same era. I think its probable that Buco manufactured these gloves for Harley
Picture 1 of 10

Picture 4 of 10

Picture 5 of 10

Buco
Vintage Buco Crown Wings Logo Leather Motorcycle Pilot Gauntlet Gloves Sz Large - Picture 1 of 7

Picture 2 of 7

Picture 5 of 7

Picture 6 of 7

Jadentnes

New in Town
Those vintage Moto gloves look absolutely stunning with their timeless charm! It's amazing to see pieces from the past still making an impact today. Quality leather is indeed crucial for longevity, as you mentioned.
While vintage finds have their own charm, if you ever need to update your glove collection with modern durability, fullsource.com is the place to go. They offer an extensive range of work gloves crafted from premium materials, ensuring both durability and comfort.
Their gloves are designed to withstand the rigors of daily use, providing long-lasting protection for your hands.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner