Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golden era color!

Wild Root

Gone Home
I just found this photo on the net under Coca Cola.
It's a photo of Claudette Colbert and Fredric March from the mid to late 30's. This was not colorized, but a true vintage color photo.

Enjoy.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Could be a Palm Beach! Most Hollywood Actors did wear them in the Spring and Summer months. I like how he is wearing a contrasting pair of pants. All I need to find is a double breasted "Palm Beach" coat and I'll be set for that outfit!

Root.

What I would like to know is what this photo was taken for. I know it was for Coca Cola, but for what kind of an ad... All the ads I have seen were illustrated like this...

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Please pardon me if this seems like a stupid question:

They had color cameras back then?

LIttle story...when I was a wee girl, my dad and I were looking at old photos from his childhood through adulthood. At one point I stopped him and innocently asked, "Daddy, when did God invent color?" He loves telling that story to this day.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well ITG, the cameras never were color back then! It was the film in which they used. Color film was made by Kodak and was a Technicolor process. For a photo like I posted, they might have used a very advanced camera for the time, but most color film sold could be used in any camera. Most cameras then were a box with a shutter, that's all.

I have seen color movie footage from as early as 1917 from the victory parade of the end of WWI! They were very early experiments with color and never really caught on till about 1938. I have seen color footage of the 1936 Olympics in Berlin.

Any questions?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Yup they had color back then all right, you just have to dig to find some of the pics.

Here is a pic I found of Wild Root from back in the late thirties.
RobsRadioSale-vi.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
LOL LOL LOL Door to door radio sales man! Well, when I was a radio sales man, we had little radios to show our customers! Little models if you will that were copies of our latest designs!

You guys are too much.

Root.

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
There is something about a double breasted white suit. Wow. Incredible!

Regards,

Daniel Riser

P.S. WildRoot I REALLY hope you will come to the summit. I love your suits...sorry Matt ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy