Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good fit, Shcott 141.

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
I got this Schott 141 about 2 months ago. When I went to try it out they had a 46 and a 48 in stock. I went w/the 48 because the 46 was tight w/the liner and a button down shirt on. I was able to get into the 46, maybe if I tried it w/just a t-shirt it would have been ok but I felt it was constricting movement. I can't really wear it in the summer since it would be hot so I figured I would always be wearing some layers underneath. Anyways I wanted to see what some of you thought about the fit. I have posted a pic before but these are better. http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b544/1avrgjoe/IMG_0034_zps19a68363.jpg I've got a t-shirt and a medium thick sweater underneath.
IMG_0027_zpsc1357315.jpg
IMG_0034_zps19a68363.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Depends what you're after, really. It's not the really tight fit a lot of the cafe-racer type jacket fans prefer, but there's no real point in sizing down if it would go unworn owing to not being able to it a shirt under it. I can see wanting tighter on the back of a bike, but if you're just wearing it out and around, it looks fine to me. SChott make nice jackets... I'm considering a 613/ 618 (current range) myself over the next couple of years.

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
Depends what you're after, really. It's not the really tight fit a lot of the cafe-racer type jacket fans prefer, but there's no real point in sizing down if it would go unworn owing to not being able to it a shirt under it. I can see wanting tighter on the back of a bike, but if you're just wearing it out and around, it looks fine to me. SChott make nice jackets... I'm considering a 613/ 618 (current range) myself over the next couple of years.
It is just for casual wear, I think it's a little big, and I have to have the straps tightened almost all the way. The 46 was small though. If I want to stay w/a Schott I have have to go custom, that's not gonna happen.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Man these things are hard to answer with just a couple of bad photos and the jacket being new and therefore awkward on the body. It seems okay to me. I like cafe racers a touch large. Once the thing breaks in it'll probably be ideal. Good length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou