Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good hat Shop

Elliottrohan68

New in Town
Hey Im a new member to the Lounge and have been an avid collector for sometime but just getting serious recently. Was gifted with a Bailey Brandt for christmas and just Purchased a Vantage Resistol via ebay awaiting its arrival.
My question is does anyone know of a great Hat shop in the Northern VA or Washington DC area that they would reccomend, Im sure the Hat from ebay will need to be cleaned and also being new to the area (having lived in LA for 6 yrs) I wouldnt know exactly where to go - Thanks for all your assistance

Elliott

Valhson

One of the Regulars
5 years in the DC area has taught me one thing about hats here... your best bet is a trip to NYC. Be it driving, rail or just taking the Chinese buses, Bolt bus etc. There are a few shops up that way.

The two that I have been into, have a really nice selection, know what they are doing and are as friendly as can be.

stealthboy

New in Town
Elliottrohan68 said:
Hey Im a new member to the Lounge and have been an avid collector for sometime but just getting serious recently. Was gifted with a Bailey Brandt for christmas and just Purchased a Vantage Resistol via ebay awaiting its arrival.
My question is does anyone know of a great Hat shop in the Northern VA or Washington DC area that they would reccomend, Im sure the Hat from ebay will need to be cleaned and also being new to the area (having lived in LA for 6 yrs) I wouldnt know exactly where to go - Thanks for all your assistance

Elliott

Heh - I just asked that a few weeks back. Looks like there's not much going on in the DC area here for hats.

Elliottrohan68

New in Town
Exactly

Yes I see that now - Im sure there are tons of shops in NYC and I knew of a few in LA
Also I grew up in Baltimore and remember 1 there in Downtown when I was younger (will be 42 in June) so I know that one isnt there anynmore with the remodeling of downtown. But Stealthboy maybe we can put our collective brains together since we are in NOVA and figure something out -

So I guess another part of this post can be who else is in the NOVA / DC / Baltimore area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24