Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there a link to help me date a hat by the Union label?

Dressedtothe9s

New in Town
hi all! new member and i was referred here by a friend from ebay. i sell womens vintage clothes, but mens hats are a bit out of my area of expertise.

so this hat walks into my shop and i fell in love. reminded me of jim carrey in the mask when he got all zootsuity gangsta! i checked out online for a website that would help me date based on the union tag, but no such luck. anyhoo, its a mallory...cravenette. the store it was originally bought at, closed in the early 60s, so i know it is older than that. please let me know if i can tell you any info that might help, but here are some (sorry grainy) pics...bobbi
001_026.JPG

005_025.JPG

006_023.JPG

T Rick

Practically Family
Sorry I'm of no help (hopefully someone will be) but I felt compelled to tell you that is one fine looking hat!

Welcome to the Board.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Dressedtothe9s, very nice looking Mallory. Take a look at the Mallory Mile thread here: MalloryMile

Near the end of the thread I've posted logos by year. You can try to match the font/style of the Mallory on the sweatband to one of them. Did the hat have a liner? I'd like to see a pic of that. From what I can tell with the sweatband mark and the hat itself, I'd guess late 30's/early 40's.

B

Dressedtothe9s

New in Town
t-rick...thanks for the welcome and all!

buler, thank you for the link, i will go and check it out! the hat is unlined (what does that signify?) and i will take some pics this afternoon of the crown and inside for you to see. i just had a feel that this was an older hat! im off to browse the mallorymile! bobbi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy