Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me decipher all the lower fastening parts of a traditional bib evening shirt?

BigBrother

One of the Regulars
I have my first proper bib evening shirt and I couldn't be happier (I ended up going with La Valiere, sold through Barker Collars (and New & Lingwood for a substantial markup :),) for those who followed my earlier posts on the subject.

The thing is, both for personal edification and for very practical reasons, I'd like to figure out what all these darn buttons, button holes, loops, etc. are at the bottom of the shirt! I know they're for at least waiscoat fastening and for fastening the shirt to one's trousers, but I can't figure out which goes to what and how (and if there are perhaps even more applications for these parts).

Could you please have a look at this pic and help clue me in? I recall reading a guide on this awhile ago online but maybe you can answer me more quickly than that search would take. Thank you!

IMG_9921.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21