Good Wear, Fave Contracts.

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Sloan1874, Feb 27, 2016.

1. devilish

devilish A-List Customer

BR has a kinda weird distribution strategy. Not all their suppliers get all their items. Plus ELC doesn't order much of it either. BR is made by a parent company called Toyo. They also make Sugar Cane denim and workwear, as well as some stuff for Mr Freedom. I don't know for sure but I think a lot of the non-leather things ELC and especially ELMC sells is also made by Toyo?

2. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

ELMC sells Lofgren flannels.

3. Cooper A-2

Cooper A-2 Practically Family

B-10 are marketed in Europe by ELC, and still have the BR label in the pocket. No ELC label....Neck label as it should be...Rough Wear.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Edward likes this.
  4. Edward

Edward Bartender

Be interesting to see Charles post on this and clarify which bits are Buzz-made. It doesseem to be odd, which Buzzbits get to Europe and which don't; I'd always suspected that it was a deliberate marketing ploy - i.e. sell rare, limited pieces to a niche market, with that very rarity then adding to their value.

Whoever makes 'em - ELC, ELMC, Toyo - they're very nice indeed. IMO, Buzz can't be beaten for nylons!

Cooper A-2 likes this.
  5. aswatland

aswatland My Mail is Forwarded Here

My older ELC B-10 does not have BR in the pocket, but manufactured by Eastman Leather Clothing.

Edward likes this.
  6. Cooper A-2

Here is mine

Attached Files:

7. Cooper A-2

Neck label

Attached Files:

8. Cooper A-2

Buzz Rickson ' s label

Attached Files:

9. Cooper A-2

1000% agree! even if B-10's and some B-15 are cotton...but yes!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  10. Marv

Marv A-List Customer

my elc b-10 has a produced by eastman leather clothing label in the left pocket, i got the jacket new at the beginning of this year

11. Cooper A-2

Mine is from Sept. 2015

12. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Well, it's a full year since I put my order in. I've gone through the various contracts many times over, and while I'm still thirled to a Dubow 23379, I still find my caught by the Monarch and, mibby, a Rough Wear of some stripe. However, with the Brexit vote and the tanking pound, this going to be even more expensive affair than I first envisaged - apparently 'taking back control' includes upping the cost of all imports - so I'm going to have to make sure I get this right on the first bounce.
    Anyway, to that end, still keen to see any GWs people have bought over the past year, to help shape my final choice!

13. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

By this time next year (when your number is called :D;)) our economy is gonna be in shambles anyway, so no worries!!!

14. zhz

zhz Practically Family

I would say go for Monarch, it is a nice contract. And I strongly recommend the Italian HH. I am sure you know how it looks since it very similar to Aero's Vicenca. John's workmanship is the best, but you may want to mention the jacket length to him.

Import from overseas is really costly now, thank you all for those who voted for leave.

bretron likes this.
  15. bretron

bretron Call Me a Cab

I'm definitely with ya buddy

16. Edward

Edward Bartender

LKooking forwardc to seeing it when it evnetually arrives. I very nearly bought one of John's back in the day when they were GBP400 (at the tim,e the most expensive Aero A2 was £350), but then the pound dropped to USD1.50, and the price shot up to GBP600.... now I wish the pound was worth as much as USD1.50!!

Sloan1874 likes this.
  17. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Is it a two year queue or is it closer to 18 months? The Monsrcj is definitely a runner, though John said that it's unique construction method means it can be tricky to get a perfect fit.

18. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm about 26 months in :eek:

...and still waiting for "the" email.

19. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

Jings. I guess things have been slowed down a little by John's personal situation.

Cooper A-2 likes this.
  20. Cooper A-2

Hope he will cope...

Sloan1874 likes this.