Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Leather Modoc 3 Halfbelt - Like New - Size 46

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
Good Wear Leather Modoc 3 in Size 46

Good Wear Leather Modoc Halfbelt Jacket Size 46 in like-new condition. This is the third Californian Modoc made by John Chapman of his Good Wear Leather Coat Company. It is made of vegetable tanned-goatskin and has a nice crisp feel to it. You can view the build pictures on John's website at - www.goodwearleather.com . I recommend checking out this directory since John takes wonderful pictures of the jackets he builds. I'd like to sell this jacket for $1100 shipped/insured in the continental US if you use Paypal friends and family from a bank account or Venmo. $1175 if you'd like to use Paypal with a card. I'll charge actual shipping rates for international buyers. This offer is available through November 29th since I'm also selling on ebay.

This is an excellent halfbelt lined with a rayon that makes the jacket comfortable to wear and easy to get on and off. There is a single inside pocket on the left side with a stud closure. The sleeves have a stylish button cuff and the jacket is made with a main Prentice zipper and Talon zipper for the chest pocket. This is a great opportunity to get one of John's civilian jackets without the two-year wait if you order directly.

The measurements for this jacket are:
  • Pit-to-pit - 24.75"
  • Sleeve - 26.5"
  • Shoulder - 20.5"
  • Back Length - 24.75"
  • Front Length - 23"
24749240878_44d7f666ba_z_d.jpg

24749245408_a3a62375bc_z_d.jpg

37904048444_fb37602a00_z_d.jpg

38621729471_08b867378e_z_d.jpg

I bought this jacket through a broker from its original owner. The Modoc 3 was originally described to me as a chrome-tanned Californian and I liked the idea of a brown Californian with the supple goat John uses in some A2's and his M-422. This is actually a vegetable tanned goat-skin and it has a more solid-crisp feel to it. It's an excellent leather but the jacket is virtually identical to an Aero 30's half belt I already own. One of them had to go and the Aero and I have been together for a while. This is the only reason I'm selling this jacket.

The jacket measurements are described here for comparison to a jacket that fits you well. Pit-to-pit is measured with the jacket laying flat across the chest from lower arm seam to the opposite arm seam. Sleeve is measured along the "outside" of the arm from the top of the shoulder seam to the cuff and is not a straight-line measurement. The shoulder measurement is straight across the shoulders from shoulder/sleeve seam to the opposite seam. The back length is measured from the collar seam to the hem straight down the middle of the back and doesn't include the height of the collar. The front length is measured from the middle of the neck to the hem straight down the front of the jacket (essentially down the zipper line on a straight-zip jacket). Please confirm this jacket will fit you.

37904299204_7d5d1d4e8b_m_d.jpg

album-72157690030012905

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk