Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear's Security Aviation Togs

rumblefish

One Too Many
Was this discussed yet? I just found it.
http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/news_security_sportswear.html
Look through the photos at this link ! http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/SecurityAviationTogs/

To me it looks blousey as an A-1- generous in the waist. But it looks just like the old photos of the originals. Like his others, I'm sure John matched every detail. It's exciting just to see an A-2 with pocket buttons! And that label!:eusa_clap

When I first got in touch with John before buying my GW Doniger, I asked about making him this contract (as, I'm sure, many others have). Well I see it will soon be available...

Peacoat

Bartender
Yes, it is blowzy through the waist area. Odd that it would have been fitted that large back in the 30s. But you are right, it is exactly like the originals.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
John is the only person who makes this iconic contract and IMO he has produced an excellent repro. I have one on order with him and am looking forward to examining it closely.

Danny L

New in Town
In my opinion, it's one of Johns best yet. He worked on it for a very long time. I believe the label took a while to get right, but it all paid off. He studied all the vintage SAT photos to come up with the only authentic SAT A-2 available. I got mine earlier in the summer and had to keep quiet, which wasn't easy. Loved all the unique features on this jacket. I tend to use the pockets on my A-2s, so the button pockets were not my favorite as far as functionality. The look is great, but just not as functional. The reason why I just sold my SAT is that it was too short. It was a size 46 and just a short hot water treatment shrunk it enough that it was not comfortable enough for me.

SATFront1.jpg

37984ad2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails