Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwear Monarch Light Russet fit

Brettafett

One Too Many
Looks great! The fit looks right. I know that it probably feels a little snug though, esp when lifting ones arms (which we tend to do often, right ;) I have experienced a Monarch. I recon its one of the trimmer patterns to get into, there certainly are more generous patterns/ contracts out there.
If you can get used to it, great, if it bugs you, I am sure you will have no problem passing it on again.... GWs are investments!
That said, from here it looks spot on.

Gav

Practically Family
Cheers bros. wearing it today.

Gav you got a steal on that beauty and it looks great on you. Less trim than mine and I waited 2yrs and spent 3x as much!

I was very lucky that it came up for sale just at the right time!

I will post some detail and daylight pictures soon

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My ELC RW fits very trim and took a while to break in & fought me all the way. I wasn't sure A-2's were for me but: Now it's quite comfortable, fits glove like & has been such a daily wearer that I'm on my second lining & knits (most worn jacket ever).

Enjoy Sir :)

Roma

A-List Customer
Hey dudes
Got this Goodwear Monarch from tiltrotorfyer via the classifieds. Great Guy, perfect service. Beautiful jacket of course, very different beast from my Aero J106..... but.... is it too snug though? Am I kidding myself???
This is my first A2
Fit pics:
open
25720005842_3a32ed07d3_c.jpg

25540288190_a836086a55_c.jpg

25814939246_c5765f367f_c.jpg

25745883261_3f3f3cc0d1_c.jpg

zipped
25210493434_f427c71754_c.jpg

25210465584_1150580161_c.jpg

25540283680_be3c54948d_c.jpg

25214356603_fc73856dcf_c.jpg
Gav, in what way the fit is tight? My Aero A2 fit was pretty snug in the first place and I felt tension in the armpits. Now it's getting better and I also got used to it. The guys here have advised an A2 should fit that way. As for the appereance, it looks absolutely perfect.

Reactions: Gav

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
i just want to say, dont sell the J-106, its a great jacket and it fits you really well, bike or no bike!

Gav

Practically Family
Thanks Roma, yeah I'll give it some time.

Carlos, j106 has to go! I need the money now. I would consider a lighter leather for a similar jacket again.

Stand By

One Too Many
Great jacket and I love the colour too! The fit is perfect - just as I like it.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
Huh? What is wrong with the jeans and shirt? Didn't put my belt on so jeans slouched down if that's what you mean...?

If I respectfully may, what I suspect Sloan was meaning was that a stunning jacket like yours (which is simply perfect in terms of both quality and fit) unintentionally goes on to highlight any shortfalls in the rest of any ensemble or wardrobe (such as the lack of a belt against that jacket will now make you look less "put together" than before). It's like when you're building up a good quality hi-fi system to replace an entry-level one and you go out and buy a decent amp as an upgrade and plumb it in the middle of the variety of lesser-quality separates; a high- or mid-range quality amp will suddenly reveal the limitations of an entry-level CD player and speakers - and even the cables - whereas it never did before. It happens like that with high-end gear.
IMO, your jacket is the same as it's a killer A2 that you have, Gav, and it just exudes quality and it fits your frame perfectly. I'm looking forward to the natural light photos so we can see it better in all its glory. It's beautiful. I certainly wish I had one like that as my first A2! You're starting at the top!!!
Good for you.

Last edited:

Gav

Practically Family
Thanks

Jeans and shirt are both real Mccoys.

I think he was calling me a fat git.

Last edited:

Cooperson

One Too Many
I'm not really qualified to comment here as I've never owned an A-2, but I do appreciate the appeal and the style - I might even be tempted myself one day. That being said, if I ever do get into the A-2 thing, I'd want a trim fit rather than a baggy one any day. I'd say yours is about right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24