Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Google Searches of the Fedora Lounge II

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4ASZ

Practically Family
I'll put this here since the old Sticky thread is locked.

If you intend to use frequently Google's Advanced Search feature with respect to the vast reservoir of useful information available at the FL, then I suggest this.

1. Pull up the Google search page and click on Advanced Search.

2. On the Advanced Search form, on the bottom line where it calls for "Search within a site or domain" enter: thefedoralounge.com . Put no search terms on the form.

3. Click on the Advanced Search button in the lower right corner of the form.

4. You will now see some search results, but most importantly note that the Google search box at the top contains the words, and only the words, "site:the fedoralounge.com."

5. Save the page in your browser as a Favorite, or Bookmark it.

6. Now you will be able to single click this Favorite or Bookmark and then when the page comes up place a space after "site:thefedoralounge.com" in the search box and type in your search term or terms.

7. Hit Search.

8.View your results.

You do not now have to waste motion, especially in typing "thefedoralounge.com" each time you do a search of the site.

Most of you probably know how to do this, but as the network people said, "It's new if it's new to you," and it was new to me.

W4ASZ

Practically Family
More better ?

Or, just click to this link and save as a Favorite :

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

You must use the Lounge search engine to locate items in the "Community" forums, which are not open to the general public. I find it to be clearly superior to Google in other cases, once you've located an interesting thread, for zeroing in on specific catch words.

So, I'm using both engines, Google for "coarse," the Fedora Lounge engine for "fine."

:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80