Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GORGEOUS Vintage Bespoke Topcoat with luxurious fur collar!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
GORGEOUS VINTAGE BESPOKE TOPCOAT WITH LUXURIOUS FUR COLLAR

This is wonderful!

This is absolutely wonderful--the collar is gorgeous; thick, rich, soft, and utterly luxurious; the sort of fur collar that you'll only see on bespoke garments like this one. I should note that I'm not a furrier, but since this collar appears to be constructed from one single pelt this is almost certainly a vintage mouton collar. It's in absolutely wonderful condition; this coat has clearly been professionally stored.

The collar isn't the only thing special about this coat. There is no maker's name or Union label anywhere, and from the amount of handwork that it exhibits it is clear that this is a bespoke item. Although there is no fabric content listed to is clear that this is wool; the colour is a lovely classic military slate grey. The oat is double breasted with a six button front; the buttons are supplemented with a tie belt (i.e., no buckle) in 1920s fashion. The coat is beautifully cut, and appears to be fully canvassed; the cuffs have cuff belts. This is fully lined, and features a center hook vent. It's also a lovely full length coat--a nice contrast to the rather feminine short topcoats that have been a feature of recent years.

It is in excellent condition, except for one tiny moth nibble down by the hem, as shown; this won't be seen when worn, and so could be safely ignored!

Asking just $145, or offer, boxed shipped and insured in the USA.

Measurements:

Chest: 22 1/2
Sleeve: 24 1/2 (+1 3/4)
Shoulder: 19 1/2
Length: 50

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I am not sure what your sleeve measurement means...24 1/2 (+ 1 3/4) What does the plus 1 3/4 mean?
This is one gorgeous coat,

The "+" indicates how much extra material there is to let down, should you wish the sleeves to be lengthened.

Thanks for the compliment, too--this is a gorgeous coat!

Okay, I understand. I bought the Beretta coat from you a few months back. I have never received more compliments about a coat than thisone and it was only $50 or so.....I have spent a ton more and received waaay less compliments.
I will give this one serious thought....it is my size.
Thx, bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters