Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got blocked by Simmons Bilt Instagram because my comment

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd venture to guess someone told him they looked "cool" they are "all the rage" and sold him pair for about $300....

I won't be too smug, it actually happened to me and a hideous pair of true religion jeans lol

....and yes I wore these out in public until I took this picture and saw how ridiculous they looked.
From memory these cost me about $350[emoji33][emoji15]

78c91f742f0efa6759a876e3652ba4c9.jpg

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
When I was 20 I was always more interested in the views of people of 40 or 50 because they had had an opportunity to read books, learn and gain experience. I wonder why this isn't valued.

I almost hate to keep using myself as an example, but I'm often like this. Why do you think I'm here rather than on styleforum? Most people here are older than me and I feel like I learn a hell of a lot more here than I ever would from most of my fellow millennials. I was also that kid in college who talked to his professors for hours after class for the same reason. I knew they were smarter than me and the more time I spent with them, the smarter and wiser I would become.
I've definitely been influenced by my parents and can see the good and bad things they do. Do I think I will be a better parent than them? Of course I do because I learned from them. They were definitely better parents than their own parents were. You should always be trying to improve, but you have to learn from the successes and mistakes and not just think you'll be better.

My parents absolutely did way more things right than wrong with me and I'm well aware that I was wrong most of the time when I argued with them as a kid.

As I said before, what I see happening right now is inattentive parents that always think their kid is the victim as soon as they do something rude to another adult. I need to make sure that I don't let my kids do that because my parents sure as hell didn't let me act like that.

Edward

Bartender
Is this some kind of an inverted denim Grizzly??
img047+(3).jpg

Looks like a denim kute over the top of a giant rabbit costume.

Haha. I bought my first engineer boots when I was 15. I used to wear really tight jeans being a thrasher. There was only one way to fit my jeans over the boots. I placed the boots inside the jeans cuffs before I wore them. Then I had to put the jeans AND the boots on together. I considered my thought brilliant until my mom saw me doing this and couldn't stop laughing.

Ha. I wore my boots over my drainpipes. Sid Vicious style.

I dare say this thread positively demolishes the shorts thread, one which I thought couldn't be topped in terms of going all kinds of sideways, one which I posted a pic of myself in a speedo in and one which featured a shot of bn1966's ass (twice and mercifully covered). Butt sure enough, here we are!
Summer '17 will go down in infamy here on TFL. Happy to have been a part of it.

There's gotta be sumpin for us up here in the heat to do until fall.
Plus I'm unable to buy anything so why not.
Jeans inside of boots is proper for working in them. Sure it looks dorky, but some people actually work in the stuff we covet :)

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Speaking of that I just got the new Filson catalog today. It's centered around (quite aptly) the National Forest service. I really enjoy their catalogs. They are a pleasure to look through.
Mine arrived in today's mail.

Mine arrived in today's mail.
I really liked the forest service timeline in the middle of it. Besides positively brilliant marketing, they are informative. The creatives behind that thing have really struck gold. Rarely do I even give a second glance to mailers like this but the Filson editions...I really enjoy.

AllanP

Familiar Face
My only real problem with Millennials is the "old people suck and are clueless and are useless" attitude.
I fully expect fashion, music, etc. to be different for every generation of kids - it's normal and good.
But when you're constantly ridiculed or ignored or "whatever'd" just because you're older, then I lose it.

"Dad jeans" is just another acceptable snarky comment that the offended generation can dole out without repercussions.
Try to poke some fun at any number of topics today that deserve poking, and you're a racist/homophobe/sexist, but you can talk smack all day long about folks that pass some magical number in trips around the sun.
Only thing that keeps me sane in knowing one day they'll be "here" too and it will sting 10x as much.

So, it's appropriate that topics like this pop up here as clothing is generational. I would just hope that before someone comes in and ridicules older folks with backhanded remarks, that they realize that they will be older too one day (if all goes well) and that this place is not styleforum or denimbros. Peace. I'm going to change the battery in my pacemaker and hearing aids now...

Honestly I don't really see the ridicule of the older generation. I don't think I've ever heard of someone making fun of a dad wearing dad jeans, it's more like if you are 17 and you wear dad jeans people will ridicule you. Same goes the other way around, I think if my dad walked out today with saggy skinny jeans and a man bun everyone would think he's on drugs or something. I mean it's all about dressing your age right, I'm sure no one expects a 60 year old to dress like Justin Bieber. I think the really elitists fashion "gurus" would ridicule anyone that does not dress the very current style, even if you dressed in 2010's fashion you would get made fun of.

I also never get that Millennials thinks old people suck in terms of fashion or music, if anything a lot of retro stuff is being brought back from the past into current fashion trends.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I mean it's all about dressing your age right, I'm sure no one expects a 60 year old to dress like Justin Bieber. I think the really elitists fashion "gurus" would ridicule anyone that does not dress the very current style, even if you dressed in 2010's fashion you would get made fun of.
Somebody should tell this guy that he is 104, it's about time he dressed like it.
old guy.jpg

Honestly I don't really see the ridicule of the older generation. I don't think I've ever heard of someone making fun of a dad wearing dad jeans, it's more like if you are 17 and you wear dad jeans people will ridicule you. Same goes the other way around, I think if my dad walked out today with saggy skinny jeans and a man bun everyone would think he's on drugs or something. I mean it's all about dressing your age right, I'm sure no one expects a 60 year old to dress like Justin Bieber. I think the really elitists fashion "gurus" would ridicule anyone that does not dress the very current style, even if you dressed in 2010's fashion you would get made fun of.

I also never get that Millennials thinks old people suck in terms of fashion or music, if anything a lot of retro stuff is being brought back from the past into current fashion trends.

Very well said and it's exactly that; stuff that we see in media and fashion today isn't just inspired by past trends but rather completely reused, more often than not in its original form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass