Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got Tiki?

dr greg

One Too Many
yo ho ho

Ecuador Jim said:
You might try this: http://www.neworleansrum.com/

For some reason, gold and dark rums are the rage. I went to the Bacardi Factory while in PR this summer...they have rums only available at the factory, and none were what I would call stellar, and certainly not worth the price...and all dark.

Tastes in rum differ. My apologies if you find it too bland.

there is only one white rum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Gay

We drink Bundaberg Rum round these parts, and it makes you go troppo.

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
Purple Orchid in El Segundo they have the Martini Kings and some BurlyQ there Sat........there are quite a few treaures here in the SoCal region......plus if you are looking for a bar near you check out www.critiki.com join and search your area

gpwpat

Familiar Face
My backyard is decorated tropical. and in design is the TIKI conversion. Due to start construction is a TIKI fire place. and around the spa a Thach TIKI cabana bar will be built before my 33 Birthday. Ouch. did I type 33?

Here is the fireplace I designed. it is 8' tall. Construction due to start within a couple of weeks.

tiki_fireplace2.jpg

Vegas Vicks Tiki Lounge from live 365 plays almost daily throught my house.

Murph351

One of the Regulars
gpwpat said:
Vegas Vicks Tiki Lounge from live 365 plays almost daily throught my house.
Too funny... I have Vegas Vics playing at the office right now.
Good luck with the back yard.

A.R. McVintage

RetroBabydoll said:
Murph351:

I love Bahookas! I can't believe I forgot to mention it. I have a pic of me sharing a flaming bowl with my friend and remember seeing a big fish named Roufis, but not sure where it is. I've been there once, but it was soooo much fun. I want to go back now that you've mentioned it.

You need to go back, it's a fun place. When you go, get them to feed Rufus carrots.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Murph351 said:
You forgot Bahookas!
When we're not having happy hours in the home Tiki Room.
We head over to Bahookas.
You have got to share one of their Flaming Bowls!
http://www.geocities.com/bahookarestaurant/

I'm heading to The Bahooka tomorrow, for my older brother's birthday. He worked there back in the mid seventies. Great place! I couldn't give it a higher recommendation. We go at least once a year. :)

While looking for their website, I found this one, Tikizone. Turns out there's a link to The Bahooka. :)

RetroBabyDoll, the address is: 4501 Rosemead Blvd, in Rosemead. It's right where Lower Azusa road t-bones Rosemead Blvd. :)

Lee

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
EOD aka Equal Opportunity Drinking

Well Quig,

Sometimes I'm so polluted :p I don't know who of the Ohana I'm serving Mai Tai's, Scorpions or Zombies to.

Solid Citizen lol

Roch-A Hula-Baby ... she really moves the grass around!!! ELVIS

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
"Tiki Modern" GOOD book

Feraud,

Great choice, I have it in my Tiki room above, required reading.
Sven Kirsten is also the author of The Book of Tiki. His latest
Taschen effort focuses on Witco, but the whole book is wall to
wall TIKI. Also looks like Amazon is discounting list $$ another +!

Solid Citizen :D

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
ELVIS & Witco

Witco,

At the time it came out Witco was considered by some to a be a poor mans
TIKI. Elvis's Father Vernon, returned to Graceland one day to tell Elvis of this ugly,
wierd furniture he had seen in a Memphis store (Witco). Little did he know that Elvis
had already seen it & bought a room full of it which became his Jungle Room @ Graceland.

Solid Citizen :rolleyes:

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
A beautiful room, Solid Citizen. I especially like those palm tree lamps and the angel fish. You've done an incredible job.

What's that car in your avatar?

From The Bahooka: 2007 was their 40th anniversary, so I got these tiki mugs. Our future sister-in-law bought one for my brother. He had them fill it with a Long Island Iced Tea. :) I drove, so I had to stick to the kiddie drinks. :rolleyes:

20361b33.jpg

Lee

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Mr. Newport's MEANIE GREENIE

Mr. Newport,

1. Thanks for the compliments it was one reason I wasn't around the FL as much in 2007.

2. 1940's Ford Woody (not mine) served as nice posing prop.

3. Like your green Tiki mug is it a "Tiki Farm" piece & assume the second piece back is the same mug in different colour?

Solid Citizen ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner