Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got Tiki?

Phil

A-List Customer
I love tikis and the whole Polynesian culture. It's always fascinated me.
I think I also found my theme for my dorm room next year.

[Edit] Maybe MK could add a tiki bar area. I'm not sure what the point of it would be, but who doesn't like the look of a tiki bar?

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Phil said:
I love tikis and the whole Polynesian culture. It's always fascinated me.
I think I also found my theme for my dorm room next year.

Well, not to redirect you away from FL, but there is a Tikiroom on the web that can assist you if you need inspiration for a tiki room. People there get quite obsessed with their projects! Be sure to post pictures if you do it. My house was built in 1910 so it's totally inappropriate if I do it!

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Caroline said:
My house was built in 1910 so it's totally inappropriate if I do it!
Hey, your house lived thru the heyday of Tiki so I'm sure it could be appropriate. By the way, who checks if it is inappropriate??:D

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Murph351 said:
Hey, your house lived thru the heyday of Tiki so I'm sure it could be appropriate. By the way, who checks if it is inappropriate??:D

My house checks. It's a self-haunting house. Every time we change something, some other part of the house breaks or fails. When we renovate the bathroom, I expect the cracks in the plaster ceiling in the kitchen to double in length. But, with Summertime coming, I am rather smitten with the Tiki so perhaps we'll do a Tiki space in the garden.

Mike K.

One Too Many
WOW!!! I just found out that a friend of a friend is remodeling. As a result, I just acquired an entire tiki bar w/stools (for free). I'll be going to pick it up in the next day or so, and will have photos posted as soon as I possibly can. I'm so excited!! :D

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Father's day gift

032.jpg

lol I bought these for my husband hee hee. He knows I'll use them as much as he will, but since I'm the house bartenter it's only fair that I have a say how the drinks are served. The 2 brown ones are vintage; the new green one is a rather pricey Tommy Bahama cup, but I liked the "Relax" imperative on the side of it. One of the vintage ones has 2 green "emeralds" for eyeballs.

Any other new purchases/rooms/drinks etc. out there now that Summer is upon the Northern Hemi?

Staredge

One of the Regulars
I love tiki. Some of the Chippies might know this place:

1806_medium.JPG

I still remember going there as a kid. Probably why I love the tiki/island/parrothead life so much. Don't have much tiki though. Couple of torches on the deck....some plastic stuff we got at the party store. I need to start slowly collecting.

(Any chippies wanna hook a brother up & pick me up a cup from Kon Tiki????)

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Tiki LAMP Etc.

Murph351

Was your lamp constructed @ a tiki lamp class.
Saw a fellow @ Tikicentral.com offering classes in
the past?

Lamp looks TERRIFIC :eusa_clap

Caroline

Like yout T. Bahama "Relax" tiki mug. They were for
2007, my understanding is that T. Bahama after years
of making a yearly collectors mug decided to stop doing
it (?)

Solid Citizen ;)

Caroline

One of the Regulars
Solid Citizen said:
Caroline

Like yout T. Bahama "Relax" tiki mug. They were for
2007, my understanding is that T. Bahama after years
of making a yearly collectors mug decided to stop doing
it (?)

How awful! I'm going to file a complaint! This is my first "new" mug. They had a little display of "stuff" like card & dice sets, mugs, plates, and other like items circe 2008 fathers' day, but the store may have just held them over from last year. Boo!

Can you believe, when I suggested to some friends that we go to their local tiki place which was warmly reviewed as a "tiki time door", that they responded with "well if you want to go to a dive..." ! :eek:

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Tiki FaNaTiCs

Caroline:

Believe there are a number of Tiki fans here
@ the FL. Spend a lot of time at the Tiki web
site you referenced.

Speaking of Tiki "dives" (sic) we just lost another
one here in the Wash. D.C/ Virginia area "The Pacific"
in Sterling, Va just filed Chapter 11. Seems we now
have to settle for Oriental Restaurants with REAL
Tiki Drink Menus. UGHhhhhh! [huh]

Solid Citizen :(

A tiki restaurant being a Dive!? Where did they want to go? Chilis? :p
We lost a very cool one out here years ago---The Lanai. It had a water feature going all the way around the inside of the place and the Scorpions....:eek: :D:cheers1:.
Well, we still have a very small Forbidden Island nearby anyway. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ