Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got White?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I have a request. Aureliano: can you repost your pics? They have disappeared and you have some truly outstanding whites if I remember.

Sure thing!

Panizza, mint white beaver (bought this one in Milano)

41.jpg

42.jpg

Art Fawcett, VS.

43.jpg

44.jpg

DRB

One Too Many
150719541 : It takes a big man to wear a big white cowboy hat like that! The cowboy hat looks good.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Art has my off white Borsalino fu Lazzaro in the shop for a cleaning... I'll have some pictures when it's back. Should look good.

By the way, Aureliano, that certain package will be on its way early next week. Thanks!

Cheers,

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Beverly Hills Deluxe Quality

The only example by this hatter I have seen thus far. Appears unworn and in pristine condition save for a moderate amount of moth grazing, unfortunately.

Crown: 6" open. 5" as creased.
Ribbon: 1-1/8".
Brim: 2-5/8", with 3/8" edge binding.
Sweatband: 1-7/8".

"Oil-Protecto" feature, referring perhaps to a special oil resistant sweatband treatment. Not quite certain what "Head Eased" means, but it does feel good on the noggin!

Interesting tag tucked behind the unreeded sweat, again describing the "Oil-Protecto" feature. Note that the hat is made of imported furs.

Just after opening the box and donning the lid for the first time, in our kitchen. Picture taken under strong halogen lighting.

Photo taken under bright overcast light.

DRB

One Too Many
AL: The moth bites are minimal. I think if someone on the streets would see that hat, they would think: " What a nice hat !"

The Color of the grosgrain brim and ribbon/bow, really make the hat. How did you find that hat? Did you fish it out of the bay?

delectans

Call Me a Cab
AL: The moth bites are minimal. I think if someone on the streets would see that hat, they would think: " What a nice hat !"

The Color of the grosgrain brim and ribbon/bow, really make the hat. How did you find that hat? Did you fish it out of the bay?

Thanks for your kind comments, as always, Dennis! The hat looks more overexposed in the outdoor photo here on the lounge, compared to what it looks like on my iPhoto album, so I will have to edit this when I get home tonight.

This lid was indeed a Pyrrhic victory for me at the Bay. Something about its lines, felt and ribbon color proved irresistable, despite the moth damage.:love:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael