Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great Fedora in a New Movie

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Gandy, for some reason known only to Judianna ( the costumer) she used this hat even though it was a "one of". the custom is to hold the hat ( or whatever else) for the lead characters for 6 months in case of reshoots. The tags are for the specific scenes so that they can reproduce them acurately. In many cases I wouldn't get the stuff back because if the movie is a hit, the stuff becomes valuable & the costumer just pays me the asking price, then sells it higher after the film opens. In this case she did me a favor and sent it back to me. I've only seen her once since the release and gave her a big hug!! I told her she made me a hero in my group for it and she just laughed.

gandydancer

Familiar Face
So in this particular case everbody was correct. I like that!

Art Fawcett said:
Gandy, for some reason known only to Judianna ( the costumer) she used this hat even though it was a "one of". the custom is to hold the hat ( or whatever else) for the lead characters for 6 months in case of reshoots. The tags are for the specific scenes so that they can reproduce them acurately. In many cases I wouldn't get the stuff back because if the movie is a hit, the stuff becomes valuable & the costumer just pays me the asking price, then sells it higher after the film opens. In this case she did me a favor and sent it back to me. I've only seen her once since the release and gave her a big hug!! I told her she made me a hero in my group for it and she just laughed.

Victor

One of the Regulars
I got to see and try this hat on today! i was at Arts shop to have him finish my Steson "Open Road" and mentioned how similar i thought it was to that hat. Well the hat came out and i got to compare. They really are very similar in shape and color and general look though the movie hat has a fished edge to the brim and the color is slightly different. Otherwise almost the same hat by a different manufacturer. A rare treat to be shown the answer to my question here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk