Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great New Site: Retro Radar

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Bring on the Class

Originally posted by The Bingstress

Keeping the content clean is also a big draw. I know I'm tired of being barraged with sexually explicit imagery in advertising, movies and TV, as well as entertainers' continual attempts at shocking the public with foul language and gratuitous displays of nipple. Plenty of folks are seeking a respite from the media mess and would consider these forums a safe haven. As long as we continue to practice common decency and class, the allure of mid-20th century style will endure!

You mean I'm NOT alone in that assessment? I am SICK of the crapola on TV and the blatant sexually explicit stuff. OK OK so we have more perverts today and kids on milk cartons than in my early days! I AGREE that the classy stuff, the pin ups, the nose art..all this was tastefully done. Sure, boys like girls and vice versa (ok today you mix it up too), but there is too much "in your face stuff, and my way or your the enemy" stuff.

Keep the vintage class alive, bring back civility, and intelligent acceptance of the good things on life. Oh, and don't take it all too seriously either.

CoffeeDude

One of the Regulars
Welcome Big-T and The Bingstress!

Originally posted by zeus36
Did someone mention dames in the lounge? Yeah!
Not just dames, but Classy dames. I guess I better be on my best behavior. Could someone pass me the Pomade.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
The Bingstress, I see you're in Dallas. Whereabouts? I'm in Arlington. Is there a pretty big 1940s scene happening in the DFW area? If so, I'd love to hear more.

~Holly

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mmmm, just an idea re: Vector Vixen...

Hi there Leslie & Craig!

Just thinking aloud here, so maybe it's not workable for your online magazine, but with the VECTOR VIXEN competition geared for vintage look ladies, what about a guy's competition on the same lines that folk who are interested can vote on..?

In the short time I have been visiting this group, I have been bowled over by some of the vintage style that many of the guys have. Some of these fellas are straight off the set of THE UNTOUCHABLES, or CASABLANCA...and just look sooooo sharp!

Maybe we could call it something like THE SILVER FOX! (My 2 cents worth!!), or first of all we could have a call to arms and have suggestions for a title...?

I just think it would be a lot of fun and you could get one of the sponsors to put up a prize, or whatever..!

Just a 'wee' idea from your Irish friend across the pond!!:D Back to my Guinness and Leprechauns. If anyone wants me, I'm at the end of the rainbow!!

PS; (Hiya Holly..!:) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy