Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great New Site: Retro Radar

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
The folks who brought you ATOMIC magazine have a brand new site:

http://www.retroradar.com/

This is a great site that has content that you guys will like. They are going to be sending people our way.....especially ladies. Also they will be inviting us to participate in their projects and contests.

Big T, one of the team at Retro Radar has being checking out The Fedora Lounge and loves this place and is our newest member. He is a great guy so be sure to welcome him and buy him a drink.

Big-T

Familiar Face
Hey Fellas,

Thanks for the warm welcome. You guys have got a grand thing going here.

I found the Lounge by fluke a few days agao, and was amazed by the quality and class of the members and posts.

My lovely bride Leslie Thompson (formerly Rosenberg) creator and publisher of Atomic magazine, had just had me launch the site that MK mentioned www.RetroRadar.com . After some discussions, we have decided NOT to have discussion boards of our own. Rather we would ask that the fine folks of the Fedora Lounge adopt the Ladies and Gents who are getting "Retro Active" at the RetroRadar.

We will be asking our folks to strive towards to same high standards that now exist at the Fedora Lounge.

I have made Leslie promise me that if she gets some of classy dames to start hanging out over here that that can't paint any of the virtual rooms pink or anything. I also know you guys well be complete gentlemen to these nice ladies.

Much more to come fellas.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, and Bartender, the next round is on me.

Cheers

Craig "Big-T" Thompson
www.RetroRadar.com
www.BigT-Music.com

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Welcome to the Lounge Big T. I look forward to you and your friends contributions, and I assure you the ladies will be treated as such by our fine clientele.

Imahomer

Practically Family
Hey Big T...

I'm sure you've already found this is not only a great site, but the people here are just as great. Personally I'm constantly amazed at the variety and amount of knowledge in our little group.

Welcome.

Big-T

Familiar Face
Yo homie,

Honest injun.. I think, after reading through a bunch of the posts, I am probably more impressed with the character and quality of the members, than even the knowledge.

This is one of the few forums that provide an atmosphere that one can even claim to "not have an answer" and a bunch of folks will jump in and maybe with a bit of ribbing, find an answer.

I hate places where I have to pretend to be perfect. I am just a husband. The expectations can't be too high anyway.

Hold on a sec... (YES DEAR....)

Sorry I have to go umm, do the dishes.....

Big-T

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hey good to see Big T

Welcome to the board. It will be interesting and "stimulating" to have your crowd visit here. The bar is open. We do have the finest folks here. Save a lack of "ladies". I welcome that perspective.

So, you wear a fedora? Montecristi?

;)

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Hello fellas!!

It's wonderful to be here in the Lounge, and great to make everyone's acquaintance. In the short time I've poked around, I have been pleasantly surprised by both the engaging repartee and the civility of the board members--even when discussing such controversial topics as prefered presidential candidates or favorite pin-ups. As my hubby, Big T, mentioned, I will spread the news of this venue among my gal pals. Mind you, I'm not a matchmaker, and these are some classy dames, so be on your best behavior. ;)

Although RetroRadar.com, is already active, our official launch is Labor Day weekend. I encourage you to take a look around and let us know what types of features you'd like to see and which areas already grab your attention. We very much appreciate your input. And, of course, please sign up for our eNewsletter, so we can keep you in the know about interesting articles and features on the site. (We'll be plugging the Lounge in our mailings, too, so don't be surprised if a bevy of fellow retrophiles suddenly comes a knockin'.)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know everyone better, and swapping stories in the weeks to come.

Hugs & blessings,
- Leslie
a.k.a., "Little T"
a.k.a., "The Bingstress"

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Thank goodness

with some more estrogen around here, I may even be able to convince my wife to drop by ;)

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Did somebody say girls?

I welcome the introduction of the "better half".....a needed contribution to the intelligencia.

It is wonderful to have th ATOMIC crowd here...who share love of vingage, nostalgia, and all the good things worth preserving from our dying uncultured socieety.

Here Here!

Bring on the Ladies with their uncanny sence of direction (no man asks), and their "left brain superiority)!!;)

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Great looking site! Consider it bookmarked!
I was sad to see ATOMIC fold tents, but it looks like you are doing what you can to keep the scene alive! Welcome aboard Big-T & Bingstress!

The_Edge

One of the Regulars
YES! WOMEN!! WHOO-HOO!! Oh, wait. I'm married to a beautiful and smart woman all ready. Carry on.

I'm all for meeting new folks as long as they're conservatives and not liberal pansies. Just kidding folks! Liberal pansies are welcome too. :D

BTW, I'm not really a caustic jerk. I just play one on the internet.(No comments from the peanut gallery.)

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
LOL You cats are funny!

Regarding Fisk's query about keeping the scene alive, your active participation in boards like this one goes a long way. Of course, word of mouth is another powerful tool--tell your friends and colleagues about the Fedora Lounge and sites like RetroRadar.com, and encourage them to join in the fun. While running ATOMIC, I discovered in my travels that everyone has a little retro in them. Talk to a corporate middle manager or a cashier at Costco, and you'll discover they have a secret penchant for classic movies, collectible lunchboxes, or WWII nose art. I mean, heck, here's a bunch of average Joes who share a mutual love of a stylish lid!

Keeping the content clean is also a big draw. I know I'm tired of being barraged with sexually explicit imagery in advertising, movies and TV, as well as entertainers' continual attempts at shocking the public with foul language and gratuitous displays of nipple. Plenty of folks are seeking a respite from the media mess and would consider these forums a safe haven. As long as we continue to practice common decency and class, the allure of mid-20th century style will endure! :D

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Thanks Miss Bingstress?¢‚Ǩ¬¶

I wear my fedora everyday and the last 5 movies I bought were either period pieces or made during that era. I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m not sure if I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢m enamored with that era or of how life was portrayed in my favorite flicks.

Are you looking for new writers on Retro Radar?

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Yep, we're always looking for writers, particularly those who have a personal passion for retro culture. Currently, we need content for the Daily News, Articles and Reviews sections. I encourage you to submit your ideas or areas of interest, so I can keep you on file for future assignments. In the coming weeks, we?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll also be creating special Departments, including sections on Aircraft, Beauty, Cinema, Dance, Good Eats, Home Decorating, Classic Television, Tiki Trends, Vintage Fashion, and World War II. We are looking for "Department Managers" to oversee the writing and editing of content for each area.

If any board members are interested in becoming a contributor, drop me a line at leslie@retroradar.com, and we can discuss the details.

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy