Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great set of stree scenes from the early fifties

TidiousTed

Practically Family
5407206426_b578f529e6_b.jpg

See the rest here

Marzena

One of the Regulars
Shows you the difference too between vintage and historic. In most cases we wouldn'want to be seen dead in their 100% authentic clothes!

Katinka von K.

A-List Customer
I find it hard to believe that noone knew about Vivian Mayers talent before her death. She was such a great photographer with an eye for details and humour.

Atomic Age

Practically Family
The 4th and 8th photographs are clearly 70's not 50's. Look at the cars in the background. I have my doubts about some of the others as well. Cool stuff though.

Doug

Last edited:

mflemming

One of the Regulars
#8 is taken from Grant Park, south east of Michigan Avenue and Wabash, looking at the old Public Library, now the Cultural Center.

#14 looks like the old Greyhound Bus terminal.

#25 is the south east corner of State and Randolph, in front of Marshall Fields, looking north across Randolph at the Walgreens which is still there. Its exterior has been remodelled.

#38 is the west side of State Street looking south, probably the intersection with Madison. I've been in that Karoll's, of course it is gone now.

This may not be very interesting for a lot of people, but its a fun game for a native Chicagoan. A lot of them have a south side look but I can't spot anything to identify a location.

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The 4th and 8th photographs are clearly 70's not 50's. Look at the cars in the background. I have my doubts about some of the others as well.
Did he say that ALL the pix were from the 50s? Way to look a gift horse in the mouth.:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy