Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guitars

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Here's an old promo cover from about 15 years ago of me with my mid-60's Silvertone hollowbody.

l_056c3fd0946e9e8eb56da00f5e051df0.jpg

My two matching Gretsch 6120s. The one on the left is a Brian Setzer model with '59 trestle bracing and vintage nitro finish. The right is a standard Nashville model.

l_0ecb27c1ae07484090af0406a60e65b5.jpg

conrad5157

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:
My Godin came in the other day. I love it.
6332_116245070908_630485908_2186896.jpg

That's a beauty Dinerman. I'm dying to try one of these out but can't find one locally. I also hope Godin expands their archtop line.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have been A/B my Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb with my Mesa Boogie Express 5:50. The tone is completely different on each, of course. But, one thing stands out......before I got the Mesa I would plug in my Gibson CS356 into the Fender and I would think the sound was fine. I, however, was never really satisfied with the tone.

When I got the Mesa I plugged my Am Strat in and thought oh boy I think I am glad I am in my 30 return period.

Then I plugged in my Gibson CS356 to the Mesa and the tone was fat and sound thick enough to cut with a knife. A match made in heaven.

Well a good friend on the Fedora Lounge has helped me in the past with with putting a show together and is now helping to arrange "Stormy Weather". I was all set to put it together with my acoustic, when my friend suggested that I use the my electric, as it will convey the "feel" of the song.

Turns out that person was talking about the Mesa with my Gibson...........now that is making a statement!!!!!

Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 nice thick "American" tone. :)

Hornby

New in Town
One of many...

Some great guitars on here...

I own a few too but here is some pictures of my current favourite

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

Will post pictures of the rest shortly.

H..*

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that's rich...beautiful! :eek: :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The body - is that koa? Some kind of maple? The pickguard looks like Indian or Rio rosewood...

Er...who built the guitar?

Well. I'm pretty sure your dad will enjoy this fantastic guitar. Congrats again! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

High Pockets

Practically Family
:D That is absolutely beautiful!!:D

I'd be scared to death to play it! And probably have nightmares about huge belt buckles!!

I was gonna post a nice photo of my old Strat, but forget it now!:)

GreyHaas

New in Town
Here's my telecaster project:

3193961661_edd1f81177_o.jpg

I added the Bigsby. I also ordered a tooled leather pickguard but it never came :(

Other guitars to follow...

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Heiner Dreizehnter Custom Made

I had this guitar built for me in 2000 and picked all the materials myself.

The top is Sitka spruce, neck is cedro. Fretboard, bridge and headstock are made from Indian rosewood, back and sides are maple.
Strings are a mixed set of medium/heavy D'addario Phosphor Bronze strings, as I play almost exclusively in DADGAD tuning, fingerstyle and flatpicking.

This guitar is my work horse. I have an old Lowden O-Model as well, but I usually play the Dreizehnter. I really love it.

Photos could be better... :rolleyes:

Heiner's website can be found HERE.

panel-02.jpg

panel-01.jpg

panel-03.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112