Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Mlech415

New in Town
I got a good look at the sweatshirt material, sorry I couldn't take a picture. I don't know what it's called when the inside part has loops. But it sure was soft and comfortable. Maybe I can find a similar material on google for reference.

mattface

Practically Family
I got a good look at the sweatshirt material, sorry I couldn't take a picture. I don't know what it's called when the inside part has loops. But it sure was soft and comfortable. Maybe I can find a similar material on google for reference.

I think it's officially called "French Terry", but I always just called it sweatshirt material.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I bought both "The Heavy" and "The American" and will see what selvedge denim feels like once again. My last exposure was more years than I care to remember when I was a kid growing up wearing Levi's.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anybody been contacted about the indigo/indigo deliveries? I've sent a couple of emails but haven't heard a word. I wish they'd "reach out" and keep their customers informed.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
By actually delivering what they promise?

1. Keeping the shipping date, or send out and email *before* just to let us know its gonna be delayed.
2. Since they have a detailed fit guide, they need to keep the items close to that. My shirt is almost 1.5" less in the chest then advertised.

I suspect they are flooded by emails about these 2 things and that doesnt help them.

Personally I dont see any reason to email or even spam the Gustin forum about "when will xxx ship". The only reason I started a dialog was because aparently people had gotten their August jeans and there was a note saying "all august had been delivered" so this combined with my ill fitting shirt and also Gustin saying they never got my email and that they will write me and still hasnt - made me get into the nagging on the website.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Its a little hard to get accurate color on this shirt inside the house.
This is the #3 Grey ands its too small for me.

Overall I like it if I could get a Large I would use it. It has the perfect length for me.
The advertised quality is not really right imho. They say its better then Gant or the like but you can clearly see some threads sticking out and also some sloppy workmanship - not much in theese pics but there are places the sewing has slipped and missed a few stitches and so on. First glance it looks decent tho.

1_zps48a56050.jpg

2_zps117a67e9.jpg

Too tight across the chest, but nice length:
3_zps4b40b88c.jpg

Lol at the fit, but just to show the length is good:
4_zps386785cf.jpg

0_zpsa0071db2.jpg

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I can see there's not much chance of you buttoning that collar up, even if you wanted to. Was thinking about going for a shirt, but I'm definitely going to hold off until I see how my jeans turn out (when they turn up). You're absolutely right, Grif, just now there's a novelty element, but Gustin are going to have to get the consistency and delivery times nailed down if they want to maximise return business. I notice there's been a bit of concern about the indigo/indigo quality - a weird thing about some sort of waxy coating and off-colour - which would be a shame as I did fancy a pair. Mind you, there are two or three others that I like as well - the rainbow, the shlub and some of the heavies are all contenders. :D

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
To me, when Gustin started it was about getting a quality pair of selvage jeans for less then a $100, which is a great price point as most other brands of selvage jeans start at about $175. The shirts though cost $70 to $100 which is ( I think) on par with what a lot of other mid- level designer shirts cost. A bit less expensive then LVC or RRL.
As far as future direction, I'm sure that they will admit that there are quite a few things that need to be cleaned up.. Delivery times, notifications re: delays, sizing, ( inseam options). And I trust that they will get these things right.. I don't think the company is a year old yet..

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I agree with both of you.

About the indigo....my black nudies had a wax-coating and I liked it. If not washed they start to develop a shine that looks like nothing else, almost like liquid. The bonus is that it wont transfer color onto anything. After a few washes the coating goes away and you can start working on fades if you like.

I dont know if the indy/indy has the same coating, but it almost sounds like it.

Here is an extreme picture of black coated nudies...looks like they must have been worn for a year:

img_55241.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran