Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
More fit pics of the super heavy
IMG_8973.JPG

IMG_8971.JPG

IMG_8972.JPG

winterland1

Practically Family
These are my super heavy Gustins in the straight cut, which is definitely on the slim side, but it works for me. The fabric has a pretty pronounced reppe weave to it which I'm digging. Very happy with these.

Those look great. It is funny you think the straight are on the slim side as I have seen others say the actual slim fit seem like a normal fit not slim at all. I guess you just have to try a pair and see how they fit.
You must be tall or you had them hemmed.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah mate, Indigo2? Was hoping that the darker colour wold lead to some exaggerated fades? I'm a bit of a goose as I have just found 2 NWT Levi's in a bag that I bought on a trip last year and had forgotten about, along with 2 new La Coste golf shirts! Unsure how it happened as I'm not even close to being a thousandaire....I checked in my shed, and sadly there was no new Harley or Audi that I forgot about, not even a mystery aero in my cupboard or a hot girl friend...just some jeans and a couple of polos..

Hehe :D yeah but I would be very happy for 2 polos, then I can use them at work.

Well the indy/indy is not gonna fade. I washed the leftover piece after hemming in warm water and its completely black. They might fade some after alot of use, but I think its better to use these as black and then get another 14oz blue jeans to fade.

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I have one pair standard Levis 501's and one pair Selvedge 501's. Of course the standard 501's are cheaper. The denim seems just as nice just not selvedge. They aren't slim fit for sure but I like the classic fit.
I hope the Gustin's at least have a normal size back pocket for the wallet.
Levis 501's Selvedge
View attachment 5107

Yes the Gustin backpockets fit a big wallet. They arent the biggest either, but my kinda huge nudie wallet goes all in there. It doesnt in my Levis because the pocket is so wide it makes the wallet kinda tilts and a corner is sticking up.

Yeah mine are the 501 STF selvedge. I got them on 50% off :D I like them, but cant stop feeling like a peasant in them :D

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I received my blue/green gingham shirt yesterday. A nice trim medium. I like it so much I immediately ordered a light blue oxford cloth. May have to jump on one of the chambray when they offer it up again.

Got my Heavy Americans. No doubt they are set to be my new favorite.
I'd call them a nice medium weight. Stiff as a board from the starch. I did a cold wash in Woolite last night. Hung to 80% dry! then out 'em on. Fab. I have about a 2" cuff at the bottom which I love with boots. Will ask wifey to take some pics. They are 38x36. I normally wear 36x and these are more accurately labeled IMHO. Vanity tags merely lie.
Awesome quality and I'm waiting to order more now. If you're interested, here's my plug for the $20 coupon.

https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/7508

Scott

mattface

Practically Family
Those look great on you Butte! I know the waiting can be excruciating, especially the not knowing about the fit. I remember it well from my first pair, but isn't it great when it works out? Now that you know your fit, you can order more with confidence.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
The color looks very nice, but I also see the wood is a different color so it might not be really true. I dont like the cross grain tho, but it looks like a perfect fadecolor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner