Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My tan waxed trucker arrived and I love it. Good construction, I love the material and great fit for me although the sleeves might be a touch short for those here that like them long. Best purchase from Gustin yet.

pawineguy

One Too Many
My tan waxed trucker arrived and I love it. Good construction, I love the material and great fit for me although the sleeves might be a touch short for those here that like them long. Best purchase from Gustin yet.

I bought one last year and have to agree that it's a great piece at their price. Perfect for a light Spring or Fall layer.

pawineguy

One Too Many
PA, as I recall we are ~ the same size. Did you order a XL? Are the arms long enough for you?

I actually got this in a L, and the sleeves are just long enough. The actual measured chest is 46 which worked perfectly for me. If you go XL then you get another 3/4" of sleeve length. Because it's a short, boxy design to begin with I would probably look fine in an XL also, but I went off their dimensions and it worked for me. I'll try to snap a quick picture later and show you how the large fits me.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I actually got this in a L, and the sleeves are just long enough. The actual measured chest is 46 which worked perfectly for me. If you go XL then you get another 3/4" of sleeve length. Because it's a short, boxy design to begin with I would probably look fine in an XL also, but I went off their dimensions and it worked for me. I'll try to snap a quick picture later and show you how the large fits me.

Thanks PA. My knee jerk reaction throughout my lifetime has been to size up so my sleeves are long enough to accommodate my looong arms. I have yet to try on a jacket with sleeves too long for me. [huh]

theeggcarton

One of the Regulars
Almost pulled the trigger on one of the waxed trucker jackets....still might as I think it looks great (especially for the price)...
Any issue to be aware of with a "waxed canvas" piece of clothing? Never had one and unsure of what to expect...

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Almost pulled the trigger on one of the waxed trucker jackets....still might as I think it looks great (especially for the price)...
Any issue to be aware of with a "waxed canvas" piece of clothing? Never had one and unsure of what to expect...

I have a Filson-Levi Trucker XL waxed jacket with 27" back and 27" sleeves that fits me like a glove. Water resistant too.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I measured the sleeves in the usual manner and I have them at just a hair under 26" on a size large. Usually I'd like something a little longer than this but on this jacket it works perfectly. Just a couple of quick bathroom shots. (yeah, it's a bit of a mess but we just remodeled and are moving are stuff back in there so...)

And yes, there's not much to an unlined jacket like this, but it's very well constructed, just the right weight in my opinion, and you can't beat the price.

IMG_5489.JPG
IMG_5490.JPG

ProteinNerd

Great fit on you there PA!

It really is a nice jacket, I'm really glad I jumped on this one. They have put out a lined version and a darker brown which also looks nice for anyone else that is interested.

ProteinNerd

Not really, I have a belstaff waxed cotton jacket and now this. They are a little stiffer obviously than a regular heavy cotton jacket, as long as you don't try to wash them especially in warm water they are a great light weight material.

I was a little unsure about wearing an unlined waxed cotton jacket as I thought there may be some rub off onto whatever I was wearing underneath but I don't think that will be an issue.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Great fit on you there PA!

It really is a nice jacket, I'm really glad I jumped on this one. They have put out a lined version and a darker brown which also looks nice for anyone else that is interested.

I think the dark brown is a really great color. For anyone in the market for a Trucker they are a good value.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I measured the sleeves in the usual manner and I have them at just a hair under 26" on a size large. Usually I'd like something a little longer than this but on this jacket it works perfectly. Just a couple of quick bathroom shots. (yeah, it's a bit of a mess but we just remodeled and are moving are stuff back in there so...)

And yes, there's not much to an unlined jacket like this, but it's very well constructed, just the right weight in my opinion, and you can't beat the price.

View attachment 30345
View attachment 30346

PA that looks jacket great on you but fear my arms are at least 6" longer than yours. :D

pawineguy

One Too Many
PA that looks jacket great on you but fear my arms are at least 6" longer than yours. :D

I believe you are correct. I typically order 27" sleeves on leather jackets, but the cut on this makes the 26" work fine. The XL would only give you a little bit more room. Yours would look like this:

Short-Sleeve-Men-s-Suits-ST36-15-.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
lol :pound: That's me: If I don't keep my hands in slash pockets, my knuckles are rubbed raw on the pavement. :eeek:

gaseousclay

Familiar Face

the only thing I can think of is G's truckers aren't very heavy on the wax, they do get dirty pretty easily, especially the brown waxed trucker, and the cuffs are pretty tight. Other than that, you can't beat the price and it's a nicely constructed jacket that's thick and stiff. I rewaxed my brown trucker with some Otter Wax with mixed results. I'm not sure i'll attempt another coat as Otter Wax is tacky to the touch and extremely messy. Their truckers are also fitted, so don't buy it expecting it to be longer in the waist like a chore coat - it's supposed to sit at the waist. By contrast, I have a Filson tin cloth short cruiser in the Seattle fit and it sits lower on the waist and has more wiggle room in the sleeves and body for layering. But, it's also thinner than Gustin's waxed cotton and more expensive.

I say go for it. it's a very stylish jacket and at that price it can't be beat. I have a BluexBlack selvedge trucker coming from Gustin at the end of the month. can't wait to see how it turns out as this is their first funded denim trucker

Colin Keeley

New in Town
I've never found Gustin's jeans very comfortable because of their stiff raw denim. It worked great for miners but I don’t do a lot of mining nowadays so I decided to build some jeans for modern life.

We use a new lightweight active denim made with high stretch fibers, to create a pair of jeans that is extremely comfortable, flexible, and naturally retains its shape.

Pick up a pair today! http://kck.st/1EOH9vW

If you have any questions feel free to ask me here or at hello@genevaapparel.com

I am interested to hear what you guys think of them!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Not sure 'lightweight', 'modern' are terms that are going to get you much traction here, Colin, and using Gustin's thread to punt your own jeans certainly won't either...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ