Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Here's a question for all you Gustin guys:
Have you noticed blue lines at the bottom edge of your cuffs?
I received a pair of Zimbys today and they have the line. So do my "Darks" and I noticed a little bit of one on my Superheavies that I've only worn twice. Seems to be where the bottom of the pant hits my shoe/ boot. Does it come out in the wash? or is it an issue with the denim being fragile?
This doesn't happen with my Levi's or (shhh) Old Navy jeans.....

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Blue Japan Oxford and Khaki Chinos.

20140905_113615_zps105b7d2b.jpg

The oxford is beefy and very nice. Have a white coming in.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here are some photos of the Gustin Summer Weights. I got these as a grab bag special. They've been worn a half dozen times.
IMG_6892.JPG
IMG_6893.JPG
IMG_6894.JPG

IMG_6896.JPG

IMG_6897.JPG

Impressions:
Fade quickly. The photos don't show it but after about 6 wears there are some areas that are noticeably fading. Fabric feels nice and light, stretches out to it's stretched size quickly and is comfortable. Color is a nice dark blue with some light weft show through. The weft is a mid blue so it isn't bright white. These do have a smell to them that is probably from the starch. It's almost a barnyard animal type smell. The kind of thing you'd smell if you were to get up close to a horse or cow and smell its fur. Not terribly unpleasant but a bit strong.

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I have been wearing my loomies almost everyday since I got them (about 8 months now). No wash, no soak.
(jut the initial hotsoak that you have to do with unsanforized denim)

So this is un-everything denim. Unsanforized, unsinged, unwashed, unskewed.

loomies1_zps774fa5cd.jpg

loomies2_zpsb9cfe7fc.jpg

loomies3_zps59322bbb.jpg

loomies4_zps10c659ba.jpg

I wear 35 slim and got theese in 38 slim. They came in meauring as a size 36 before soak, so I had to soak and stretch the waist alot and put a wooden stick in the waist until dry since they can potentially shrink 2.5". They then fit me better then any other pairs and have been looking very good all the time. Not as baggy as a true size waist can get after 6 months, but really looking like normal jeans day after day.

Almost cant wait to wash them, but after the airing I did they smell fresh and good (wink to scott) so im gonna go on a little while longer.

schitzo

Suspended
if you want to kill off all the bacteria you might also consider putting them in a plastic bag in the freezer.

They look very good in these pictures but you forgot the money shot! What about the honeycombing?

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Truth is, they are so dark so its hard to see the combs. I also never usually get high contrast combes. I think I will have to wait after the wash to be able to get it on film. They are there, and looking promising, but we have a way to go yet.

MuyJingo

One of the Regulars
I'm selling a medium black canvas trucker coat if anyone is interested. Never worn, only tried on briefly and realized I hated the style (too short), despite being the correct size.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gustin #26 Super heavy slubs today.
These are my stiffest jeans to date. Significantly more stiff and crunchy than the super heavies. I like the fabric and the feel a lot on these.
IMG_7166s.jpg

IMG_7167.JPG

IMG_7158.JPG

IMG_7160.JPG

IMG_7161.JPG

IMG_7169.JPG

IMG_7170.JPG

IMG_7171.JPG

gaseousclay

Familiar Face
I read that article this morning. I had been wondering if they ran their own manufacturing operation or if they subcontracted the work.

I've always assumed they subcontracted simply because they used kick starter as their business model. If they had a boatload of money to start their own manufacturing operation they wouldn't need kick starter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Case, those jeans are great but I just gotta say, you're looking really cool! Nick's right about the jacket, mate, looks awesome on you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy