Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin to make jackets?

pawineguy

One Too Many
The back is awful. No half belt or bi-swing, action back, etc. It's a single piece hanging down like a blanket.
Why didn't they do something on the back and charge $50 more? I like the cheap steer in black best, but I doubt I'd even spend $500 on that. Nice beefy #10 zip tho. Seems that they coulda made a better piece by adding a little more to it. And the S/M/L/XL thing is a turn off.

A good example that you can't always get excited about the whole "one piece back" thing... without any other detail it's very boring. About an inch too long for my taste also.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seeing the final product, I agree with Technovox's assessment: it's minimal to the point of blandness. It makes me remember why such things as side-belts, half-belts, action-backs, yokes, etc. exist. This looks like a Puritan's leather jacket.

technovox

One Too Many
From the Gustin press release: “What we love most about the L1 is how pure it is. Everything on it has a purpose and there is absolutely nothing extra. In a style like this, each detail has to be just right because there is nothing to hide behind.”

I’m all for a minimalist jacket. Gawd knows that’s what I love about the J-100 and the Sheene (and my bank account can attest to that)…but then the proportions become infinitely more critical. And with so many body types out there, hitting that sweet spot takes a lot of time, effort, trial and error…obviously not something accomplished overnight. Personally, I think it's close for a first effort, but still not quite there. And definitely a welcome contrast to their much busier trucker jacket.

I thought the black for $500 looks like a decent deal. I happen to like minimalist and while it is hard to tell the grain and leather quality from a pic if I did not have 2 black leather jackets might jump into this one. I do agree the M,L,XL thing is a turnoff as the width of the fit span is usually wide enough to piss off every body in some way.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
first batch of these have hit the streets supposedly. anyone seen one/own one?

No, the lack of photos particularly on the SF Gustin specific thread is deafening.

One guy did post some quick snaps but they weren't very good and you couldn't see many details.

Someone else went hunting through Instagram etc and said they couldn't find any there either.....

Considering we get pics from people within an hour of a new jacket arriving, It doesn't scream of people being happy and content with their new Gustin jacket.

Dugafola

New in Town
Considering we get pics from people within an hour of a new jacket arriving, It doesn't scream of people being happy and content with their new Gustin jacket.

that's what i gathered. funny though...walked into a men's store wearing my new sheene and the guy asked if it was the Gustin jacket.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
pocket trimming looks like inside pocket... perhaps thinner trim or make it angled or something could be as minimalist yet more appealing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21