Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guys and the bathtub

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
lol thankfully that hasn't happened yet! They get the general idea that I don't want to primer anything! We did have a tenant though, who DID NOT ask our permission and painted one of the rooms a very dark blue...took FOREVER to cover up!:rage:(they were there though before we bought the place)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I would probably be middle-of-the-pack as renters go; i.e. kinda clean, timely payer, but with cats and a dog. Cats ARE probably the worst. Though there's no excuse for letting that damage anything, if you're prompt it cleans right up and doesn't smell.

I don't know that I'd call two cats and a dog much of a zoo, though. Clearly I need some rabbits, a turtle, and a potbellied pig!

I am a 100% shower person. But a showerhead over a bath is fine. Doesn't need a seperate stall.

mysterygal said:
lol thankfully that hasn't happened yet! They get the general idea that I don't want to primer anything! We did have a tenant though, who DID NOT ask our permission and painted one of the rooms a very dark blue...took FOREVER to cover up!:rage:(they were there though before we bought the place)

Dark Blue!? :eek: I really wonder what goes through people's minds. At least they didn't paint it deep red. :eek: Try to cover that up. :rage:

Regards,

J

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I guess I did word that wrong....having a dog and cat(s) is not a zoo, it's just sometimes people have it so it looks like they're living in a zoo!
James: dark red, eh? not good! I really don't think I want to know what goes on in some people's heads! :)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
mysterygal said:
I guess I did word that wrong....having a dog and cat(s) is not a zoo, it's just sometimes people have it so it looks like they're living in a zoo!

Ah. Gotcha. I know some guys my age (22) who appear to be going for the Monkey House effect without any livestock to excuse it at all. Pizza Hut boxes are NOT conversation pieces.lol

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Dark Blue!? :eek: I really wonder what goes through people's minds. At least they didn't paint it deep red. :eek: Try to cover that up. :rage:

Regards,

J

If you think that's bad, the place I just moved out of, which was actually painted rather well, though darker than I would like, was evidently an horrendous mess of colour before the previous tenants repainted. The bedroom which measured literally 7' x 8' had been painted crimson, and the radiators/woodwork in sort of egg-plant purple/maroon. I can't even begin to imagine how dark and pokey it must have looked. Awful. And the front room was painted a sort of mustard yellow.

Thank god the people before me took care to repaint, you could only tell by the odd daub on the radiator and just behind the venetain blinds what it was like before.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
And also: I lived for 2 years without a shower and I missed it like hell. Running a bath takes forever to get ready in the monring and it's such a waste of water. We fitted one in our new place (which cost a bomb) but was totally worth it. Never again!

Story

I'll Lock Up
Braxton,
If the tub (particularly around the drain) is in good shape, consider using something like this -

http://www.clawfootsupply.com/product463

sh-shr220054br.jpg

It looks suspiciously indentical to the original 1930's vintage set that was in my last rental place.

Fleur De Guerre said:
If you think that's bad, the place I just moved out of, which was actually painted rather well, though darker than I would like, was evidently an horrendous mess of colour before the previous tenants repainted. The bedroom which measured literally 7' x 8' had been painted crimson, and the radiators/woodwork in sort of egg-plant purple/maroon. I can't even begin to imagine how dark and pokey it must have looked. Awful. And the front room was painted a sort of mustard yellow.

Thank god the people before me took care to repaint, you could only tell by the odd daub on the radiator and just behind the venetain blinds what it was like before.

Ok, you bested me with that. :p Red and purple?! I think we need a new classification of illegally incompetent to paint a room and/or house. :eek:
The neighbor across the street from one of the houses painted the house DARK Brown. It looks like a barn or cabin amongst the houses. :rolleyes: I should take a picture and post it. ;) Then there was the ice cream sherbet house up the street. They even came to their senses after about a month of it making even them sick. lol
Other choices were lime green with sun yellow trim. :D :eek:

Regards,

J

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
hey, dark brown is a whole lot better than what we've got going on over here a block over..someone painted thier house purple with a black door. Maybe an artistic talent not yet appreciated ?:rolleyes:

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
The Japanese have the best of both...

I go to Japan every year (winter season) and my wife and I visit her parents. The bath is a room with tile walls up to about 5 feet. The floors are similarly tiled. In the center of the floor is a drain and off to the side is the tub. It is more vertical than horizontal in shape so that when you sit inside you have your knees up a bit (it's actually quite comfortable like this).
First you shower. There is a shower hose attachment to the side of the tub. The tub has a roll back top to keep the water inside clean and hot. Once you've got yourself cleaned and rinsed all of the soap off its time to roll open the cover on the tub and soak in the hot water. I do mean hot water! The tub has a little computer type panel that precisely controls the temperature. It also has a neat electronic voice (female) that says when the bath water is ready. I wish I were wealthy so that I could own my home and have a real Japanese style bath installed...it's the best!

mysterygal said:
hey, dark brown is a whole lot better than what we've got going on over here a block over..someone painted thier house purple with a black door. Maybe an artistic talent not yet appreciated ?:rolleyes:

More than likely it is a person who hates their neighbors. There was a purple one up the street with pink trim. Definitely needs to be declared legally incompetent to paint a house. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

Regards,

J

Viola

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Then there was the ice cream sherbet house up the street. They even came to their senses after about a month of it making even them sick. lol
Other choices were lime green with sun yellow trim. :D :eek:

Regards,

J

Dang and I thought the neighbor house which was the reverse, sun yellow with lime trim, was bad. Its downright subtle now!

My house (okay, not mine, but I dwell there) is black and white Tudor. I kind of think its cute, but its as if 16th century England was dotting country houses across Pennsylvania.[huh]

Viola said:
Dang and I thought the neighbor house which was the reverse, sun yellow with lime trim, was bad. Its downright subtle now!

My house (okay, not mine, but I dwell there) is black and white Tudor. I kind of think its cute, but its as if 16th century England was dotting country houses across Pennsylvania.[huh]

More white than black I hope. :D There is a house in the neighborhood that is all balck. Event eh fences in front of it are black. It is of an Oriental style though so it sort of fits. The house isn't oriental but the garden and fence in front of it are. It looks kind of silly to me but......[huh] I wonder how it feels in this latest spate of heat we have been having. :eek:

Regards to all,

J

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Oh yes, white stucco, some black half-timbering, slate roof. The front door is green with brass hardware. Rather pleasant looking in a not-indigenous way.

All black sounds...imposing. [Vader] "I find your lack of faith...disturbing." [/Vader]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy