Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H A T D O O D L E S !!!!!!!!!

Ande1964

Practically Family
Straw Drawing

Here's an art test I did for an upcoming project. Loosely based on a photo of me wearing a Dobbs straw from the fifties.

Anj

test_grey_small.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Ande1964 said:
Here's an art test I did for an upcoming project. Loosely based on a photo of me wearing a Dobbs straw from the fifties.

Anj

test_grey_small.jpg

Wow, I hope I don't insult you, but your style reminds me of the pen & ink drawings of Dave McKean (Cages), and Frank Miller for that matter.. Way cool!!

Ande1964

Practically Family
djgo-cat-go said:
Wow, I hope I don't insult you, but your style reminds me of the pen & ink drawings of Dave McKean (Cages), and Frank Miller for that matter.. Way cool!!

Ha! No insult at all. Quite the contrary. I like McKean's work, and Miller is a hero of mine. Actually, Frank is something of a fedora-lover these days.

Thanks!

Anj

Scott Wood

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
I hope others keep contributing to this thread. I like seeing all types of artwork.

Thank you for the compliments. I have enjoyed doing a series of these style of portraits of my favorite Blues artists. I do use photographs for reference. The watercolor of SRV is out of the style of the rest but was fun to do. The B&W ones are black ink and laundry bleach on grey paper. I can't remember exactly how I arrived at that technique; I think alcohol was involved. :p
Did you mix the alcohol with the bleach[huh]

Scott Wood

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
I hope others keep contributing to this thread. I like seeing all types of artwork.

Thank you for the compliments. I have enjoyed doing a series of these style of portraits of my favorite Blues artists. I do use photographs for reference. The watercolor of SRV is out of the style of the rest but was fun to do. The B&W ones are black ink and laundry bleach on grey paper. I can't remember exactly how I arrived at that technique; I think alcohol was involved. :p
:eek: Did you mix the alcohol with the bleach[huh]
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points