Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Got the right haircut (finally), and this stuff is working a treat. Matt Deckard is right. Briiliantine!

B0002356XG.01-A1C9JEUNKNMOB8._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I use D-Fi cream pomade.

It feels (and looks) like thickish Cool Whip (brand topping) and holds well but is not greasy. It doesn't harden and washes out. I will sometimes leave it in for two days. Your hair will look "wet" if you put it on wet hair, but is shiny and natural (but still a firm hold) when put on dry. It smells good.

I wear my hair short on the sides so I don't really get hat hair, if I do I can run my fingers through and fluff it back up, it won't take a set.

I use a 1-1/2 on the sides and back tapering up sharply with the top long enough in front to almost go in my mouth (that's when I get it trimmed). I part just left of center but push both sides more back than to the side. They blend in with the side taper but an occasional lock will curl down (like Elvis) at the end of the day.

My stylist is great, I could really just go to a barber but she's cute. Up here a stylist is not certified to use a razor, barbers are, so I have to shave my own neck. :(

Anyway, at 6 bucks a tub this is a good product and worth a try.

Jay

Practically Family
I now regularly use Murray's. Gotta love that hold! However, I'm getting a haircut this weekend, and I need to know, can one still get a haircut with said hair product in use, or do I have to wash it out first? If I wash it out, then my hair will part in the center and look stupid and the barber won't understand what I want.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Jay said:
I now regularly use Murray's. Gotta love that hold! However, I'm getting a haircut this weekend, and I need to know, can one still get a haircut with said hair product in use, or do I have to wash it out first? If I wash it out, then my hair will part in the center and look stupid and the barber won't understand what I want.

You can get it cut with the Murray's still in it, and the little bundles of hair that form look like cute little headhogs gathering at your feet.

tallyho

One of the Regulars
Jay said:
I use royal crown and used to was it out before getting a cut. I have really wavey hair so it would never be the way I normally wore it when I got the cut. i asked my barber if i could leave the stuff in for the cut and she said it was no problem. now she is able to see exactly where y hair lays and the cut is even better than before.

Jay

Practically Family
This is great news, since my hair without Murrays has no shape or style and lately barbers can't understand I want a pompadour and it's hard to explain it when I can't show 'em.

Blackgrass

One of the Regulars
Zach R. said:
Meh, I got tired of all that hair, so I cut it all off: I went from being almost seven inches on top to maybe one and a quarter at the most.:p

Take this hairstyle, add alot of grey, and you'll have an idea:

GYM-3_015_600h.jpg

I did too! Certainly saves some time in the mornings and the girlfriend likes it because she can run her fingers through my hair without getting all greasy....I like that too! ;)

Buzz me, the crew cut!

I tend to go with a Number 4 on top and a Number 2 on the sides and back. Occasionally just the #2 all over or #2 on top and #1 for the sides and back when it is hot.

Wahl electric clippers is the same company that gave us those beautiful and great writing Wahl & Wahl-Eversharp fountain pens and pencils.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
Got the right haircut (finally), and this stuff is working a treat. Matt Deckard is right. Briiliantine!

B0002356XG.01-A1C9JEUNKNMOB8._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Hey Scotrace!! Your right, the American Crew Pomade .. Brillantine is some good stuff.. after listening to my girl friend complain about me staining things.. I am trying to get the slick look with out as much grease and this stuff is pretty good.. my barber also cut's my back hairline higher also it goes from long to short pretty fast as it gets down lower... I want to keep mine a little more natural looking sometimes... I'm curious, mine is about as long as yours in the front.. how do you keep it looking natural without it falling in your face?? any tips..... Compliments to you and your barber that's a good cut!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy