Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I'll have you know my pilowcase is just as fresh and white as a young lilly of the valley, and it smells almost as good.

If your Murrays is chunking, then you ain't doin it right. Wax is one ingredient among many, and we're talking bees not parafin. Grease is what you find in the bottom of a skillet, but sheen is shee:Deen.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Now I am part Howard Hughes and part magik swami... no, I don't levitate, at least not in my sleep, and I (well, it's really my wife, to tell the truth) change the pillow cases once or twice a week. But seriously, I just went into the bedroom to check, and, man, no word of a fib, my Murrays is not leaving anything residual.

My hat liners are yellow and the crowns have become transparent, but otherwise, all is cool in slicksville.*

*Of course you realize I am joking.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
It's easy when you know how.

E-Collar.jpg

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
C'mon, fess up: you wear a shower cap to bed

ALL RIGHT, all right, I admit it.

7510000_082.jpg

You terrible people have just set my therapy back by months.

And, Absinthe-1900, I don't have a problem with, ahem, chewing.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Emmet Ray..maybe

5922b4ad.jpg

I always liked Emmet Ray's (Sean Penn) from 'Sweet and Lowdown'. That looks like my impression of what a '30's hair cut would really be like! Now finding someone who can cut it like that.... that's the challenge!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I always liked Emmet Ray's (Sean Penn) from 'Sweet and Lowdown'. That looks like my impression of what a '30's hair cut would really be like! Now finding someone who can cut it like that.... that's the challenge!

It's not the cut, it's the comb. It's a basic cut, long on top and tapered on the back and sides to just above the ears. Combing it to get the loft and the shine may be tricky. Is your hair as thick as Sean Penns?

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, you'd have to have the right type of hair to get the look you're shooting for. I wish I could wear my hair like some of my favorite actors... I can't because my hair is so fine and soft... it doesn’t have any waves or much body to it.

=WR=

Baby fine!

I have baby fine hair, so trying to get it to stay is darn near impossible. I did get a word of advice from a haircutter a long time ago. She said, baby fine hair is different than ordinary hair, it has no inner core, and as such should never be permed, ever, it will fry the hair. She said regular hair has an outer, a middle section and an inner core. Not having an inner core makes the hair strands very thin and they can't stand up to harsh treatment at all.:eusa_doh:

Buzz cut for me.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Well, my hair is thick and wavy enough to do an Emmet Ray style....
that is twenty years ago before the front line of folicles started to beat a retreat (Against orders! Hold that line soldiers!):rolleyes:

Now I slick my hair back more like Howard Hughes. Or Boris Karloff...

This Karloff:
boriskarloff4we.jpg

Not this Karloff!:
karloff27la.jpg

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thick hair..

jake_fink said:
It's not the cut, it's the comb. It's a basic cut, long on top and tapered on the back and sides to just above the ears. Combing it to get the loft and the shine may be tricky. Is your hair as thick as Sean Penns?
No, but my head sure is.... so this could work.

funneman

Practically Family
I don't want FOP, I'm a Dapper Dan Man

....aren't you guys worried about greasing up the inside liner of your lids with all this "greasy kid's stuff?"

My hair is cut so short, I couldn't comb it if I wanted too, so I just dry with a towel. throw on a hat and head out the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21