Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Slicked Back Undercut

michaelpitthairstyle.jpg

"The "Slicked Back Undercut" is the most popular for 2012. Looking back to the 1920's for inspiration, this is a modern take on a classic look. Buzz the sides down to a 1 to turn heads with a more dramatic look."
I can't stand that look anymore, EVERYONE here in Norway has it, or a variation of it, unfortunately.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I can't stand that look anymore, EVERYONE here in Norway has it, or a variation of it, unfortunately.

You don't like it huh? Well, I respect your opinion of course.

I personally think is the most truly 1920s haircut i have seen for a long time .... and I am very picky when it comes to 1920s looks!;)

james-darmody-hair-boardwalk-empire.jpg

boardwalk-empire.jpg

undercut-receding.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
It's not an awful haircut, per se, but in my opinion, it can give others the wrong message about you... I think it's a look that's too severe for me, which is why I have my sides longer.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Same here. It just doesn't work for some guys. Me for example. I have medium to fine textured hair, in a medium brown color, and not densely packed. Shave the sides down too short and it looks awful, so I have to retain a bit more length at the sides and back in order to avoid looking like I've got a Mohawk.:eeek:
Someone like Johnny Depp, who has very dark and dense hair however, can pull it off. His hair in "Public Enemies" I think looks much longer than it actually is on the sides and back due to these reasons.
Also, if one's ears are more prominent as Clark Gable's famous ears were, the whitewalls cut just emphasizes this to an extreme.
It's not an awful haircut, per se, but in my opinion, it can give others the wrong message about you... I think it's a look that's too severe for me, which is why I have my sides longer.

Last edited:

Kabel

Familiar Face
Here's my hair after a haircut. I'm really pleased this time. The girl who clipped it did a good job and that's a first for me.
The point in the back looks a bit rounded due to shading, but it is pointed.

contest.jpg

I hope you like it. :)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
scaled.php
scaled.php

This was my last haircut. I liked it. Need to go agin though. My hair grows too fast.

I think the BE undercut would be too high for me. I like a little taper on the sides but really short in the back.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I personally prefer the more 1920s styles i posted before, but this also is a possibility ...

"When you're looking for a low care style, short is almost always the best way to go. For this simple short Caesar, the hair is cut using a number two blade on the sides and back and left two finger's length on top. Just a bit of pomade adds shine and separation. For those who need to wear a hat or knit cap, this style works well as the short sides minimize the "hat head," while the top stays flat."

low5.jpg

Txmason

Familiar Face
@dalexs

Checkout The Boardroom Salon.com. Offers straight razor shaves, haircuts etc. they feature art of shaving products and offer a complimentary drink.

RichardH

One of the Regulars
You don't like it huh? Well, I respect your opinion of course.

I personally think is the most truly 1920s haircut i have seen for a long time .... and I am very picky when it comes to 1920s looks!;)

james-darmody-hair-boardwalk-empire.jpg

boardwalk-empire.jpg

undercut-receding.jpg
Well, it's not like I hate it, I really liked it the first time I saw it (before Boardwalk Empire) , but during the last year, everybody was sporting a variant of that 'do, so it kinda lost its "x-factor" to me.

I was & still am fond of CG's hairstyle:
10048436_ori.jpg
clark_gable.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto