Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

Scotus

One of the Regulars
WTF is this? Just put in a substantial amount of pomade and COMB that thing..no fussy hand-shaping..fiddling around endlessly and turn your head into concrete with loads of hairspray..urrgh hairspray..

Sorry about the rant, but this is ridiculous.

I couldn't agree more. At one point I lost count on the number of different products he was using! :D

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't shave my part but did he? I am not sure.

carygrant.jpg

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Man I haven't been on this thread in ages. Here's the last one I go done.... It's called "The Lindorf."

- straight razor shaved on sides and back
- faded into a high pomp
- DA feathering at back

Lindorf.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I don't shave my part but did he? I am not sure.

carygrant.jpg

Not sure if he shaved his part, bu I do know that he parted his hair on the opposite side of his natural part line. So instead of combing from right to left he combed left to right. It made his hair look fuller and it also added symmetry to his facial features. Why? Because he worried about these things and his barber addressed this issue for him.

Cheers!

Dan

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Not sure if he shaved his part, bu I do know that he parted his hair on the opposite side of his natural part line. So instead of combing from right to left he combed left to right. It made his hair look fuller and it also added symmetry to his facial features. Why? Because he worried about these things and his barber addressed this issue for him.

Cheers!

Dan
I'm confused, his part is on his right side of the head, indicating he combed it from his right side towards his left side? Anyways, his hair looks pretty darn good!

Kabel

Familiar Face
Everywhere i've looked it's just called a quiff or teddy-boy quiff. So I'm not sure, but I guess there isn't really a name for it.
I think in essence it's edwardian inspired like the entire teddy-boy style.

*edit*

Just found that when it's really like a trunk, you could refer to it as a turtle trunk, but teddy-boy quiff is the most common name for it.

Last edited:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I'm confused, his part is on his right side of the head, indicating he combed it from his right side towards his left side? Anyways, his hair looks pretty darn good!

Sorry about that. I was thinking of my own part and applying it to CG.:eusa_doh: His natural part was on the left and he had it parted on the right for a fuller more symmetrical appearance.

Cheers!

Dan

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Slicked Back Undercut

michaelpitthairstyle.jpg

"The "Slicked Back Undercut" is the most popular for 2012. Looking back to the 1920's for inspiration, this is a modern take on a classic look. Buzz the sides down to a 1 to turn heads with a more dramatic look."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21