Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Very happy with the result. sorry bout crappy cellphone pic

IMAG0109.jpg
Nice! Where did you get it?

repeatclicks

Practically Family
My own two cents on the balding issue:

I don't really see shaving hair off as somehow trying to "hide" baldness-- it seems just the opposite, as a mater of fact: An embracing of the inevitable. Perhaps it is not the desired cut for all bald or balding men, but I personally think that it is a good transition 'do for that period during which the hair has begun to thin but is not yet thin enough to be aesthetically pleasing.

I have to agree with MisterGrey here. It's up to you what you do with your hair if you are balding. Lots of people can't wear a bald head, but then again LOTS of people look absoultely silly with their balding hair, and would look far better if they just shaved it off. I suppose it can work both ways: You are embracing the fact that you are going bald by just shaving it off and rocking the bald look, or you couldn't care less about your bald spot(s) by letting nature take its course.

Me? When I start to go bald, its coming straight off!

paul1889

New in Town
Curly hair

Curly hair is tough, the conk is one way to go, but the chemical process seems like too much work (painful?). Plus I like my curls. Any Ideas for a different hair cut? Right now I have a Frederick Douglass/Maurice Moss kinda style, except much shorter on the sides and back and cut uneven and long on top. It has been a good cut for me, I get plenty of compliments, but I feel like maybe I need a change, and a 20s-50s haircut sounds swell. Anyone to look at/emulate?
fdouglass2.jpg
1-moss-it-crowd.jpg

selfport.jpg

P.S. I cut my own hair, with help on the back.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've posted this elsewhere in a Christmas thread, but check out Scott's killer new haircut:

[video=youtube;EojN6r2VSR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EojN6r2VSR4[/video]

amador

A-List Customer
Shave the widow's peak along with your face on a daily basis, tight sides and back to avoid "hat hair" and wear a hat. 'Nuff said.

berwynguy

New in Town
I've been sporting the slick look for a number of years now and can't see going back to the dry look. I'm using Royal Crown Pomade (not the Hair Dressing) and it does a great job getting a super wet shiny look. Works great for pomps or side parted styles. I wear a side parted pomp most of the time, and it works great. Awesome for getting that side parted Mad Men look too. If I need some extra hold, I can use a bit of Layrite, Suavecito, or Cock Grease, but always top it with Royal Crown. Brylcreen also works well in combination with Royal Crown. It's harder to find than the Royal Crown Hairdressing, but you can get it online. I much perfer the scent and composition of the Pomade than the Hairdressing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points