Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair cuts

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Mario said:
Got a new cut just an hour ago:

hatless_02.jpg

I like it! it's got an 80's flavour to it, but to me that's just fine :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
djgo-cat-go said:
I like it! it's got an 80's flavour to it, but to me that's just fine :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Flat Foot Floey is right: it came out looking a bit like Brian Setzer, but I think part of that impression comes from me wearing a wife beater in the photo... :rolleyes: ;)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Flat Foot Floey said:
:) Nice. Looks a bit like Brian Setzer. Do you put pomade in in? If you didn't before ...give it a try.
I am sure there are Afro Shops in Berlin where you could buy some for 4 or 5 euro. The hairstyle seems ideal for it.

No pomade here, just a bit of wax (actually a pretty good local brand, beeswax with silica). I'm a bit reluctant as I've never used pomade before. But yes, there is no shortage of afro shops around here, especially in the kiez where I live. :)

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
StetsonHomburg said:
Well I am still a bit skeptical but I'll give it a shot [huh]

Acne tends to be a bit more common near the hair anyway. I always had more acne when I had longer hair that fell in my face than when I started slicking it back/getting it cut shorter.

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
Well thanks to you fine folks I've been growing mine out on top for the last year or so. I finally, just last night, got a hair cut and I think the person cutting actually got what I'm after. How's it look?

4866388820_53b57e1baa.jpg

habberdasher

A-List Customer
Gutshot said:
Well thanks to you fine folks I've been growing mine out on top for the last year or so. I finally, just last night, got a hair cut and I think the person cutting actually got what I'm after. How's it look?

Lookin' stylin'! Great 30s high n tite look!

Shiloh John

New in Town
ROYAL CROWN

Matt Deckard said:
Rule #1: always carry a pocket comb.

There are alot of hair goos out there, MK likes Royal crown.
I recently have been using Brilliantine in the jar... Consistancy of vasaline.
untitled-vi.jpg

Royal crown is thicker.
before then I was using Clear mineral oil that you can buy at the Supermarket, keeps the hair slick and managable, I go back to that stuff once in a while, it just make your hair heavier. You can get all of these at Savon.

My hair cut is what most would call a jitterbug cut. Alot of dancers sported it. the part is much higher up. Parted on the left and long all the way to the right where it ends in a shelf cut, same as on the left... just dead ends.

If you want this style and have been getting an even cut throughout the top in the past, just tell them to let the top grow (don't even go near it) and give the sides a #2 or #3 shave (white walls) let the hair on the top grow... and grow... and just let the barber cut what dangles about halfway down the side of your head, a straight cut. The back is tricky... you don't wan't it to look like a bowl cut so tell them to either taper the back or cut it lower than the sides.

I have always wanted the Jeff Bridges Preston Tucker style since I was a kid.

This is one style of cut from the old days, and you have to be specific in telling the barber what not to do.

I will try to post more pics, vintage and new when I have a chance. at the moment I am moving and will be on line sporaticly for the next few weeks.
this pic will have to do for now.

this is my left side (the side I part my hair on). See how it has a shelf across.
dancing-vi.jpg

POMADE OR HAIR DRESSING??

SlickMax

New in Town
Gutshot said:

It looks great.:) Thanks for posting. Your post has given me some encouragement. I've finally found a barber who understands me and what I want. I still need about six months growth to be where you are at now. I hope I make it.

TheModernLife

New in Town
Marc Chevalier said:

If Charlie Chaplin could do it, so can you.

Before: ------------------------------------------After:

Chaplin380.jpg
-----------------
Annex-ChaplinCharlie_NRFPT_04.jpg
chaplin.jpg

-------------------------------------------------
09vd5.jpg
charlie-chaplin-cbs.jpg

Looking back on this thread I found this, which may be helpful. My hair is really similar to this first picture. My big question is how does one go from "before" to "after" with this type of hair? I know just adding pomade and combing doesn't do it, so what else needs to be done?

BrylBear

New in Town
To: AtomicEra Tom

Greetings, Tom (et al):

I am new to this site, but am enjoying everything I am reading thus far. Tom, your hair knocked me out of my chair. It is sheer perfection. I would love to see you post some business style photos with the smaller pomp if you can.

Thank you very much. I will try to. I will also say that my average pomp, which has shrunk a bit since these pics when I was in high school, I've found is very acceptable in the business world. Whenever I'm working at my pa's store, they pass Dad up to talk to me, because they think I'm running the show.

BrylBear said:
Greetings, Tom (et al):

I am new to this site, but am enjoying everything I am reading thus far. Tom, your hair knocked me out of my chair. It is sheer perfection. I would love to see you post some business style photos with the smaller pomp if you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21