Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween costumes!

Shirin

A-List Customer
I think if I saw a clown costume like that I might make a run for it!!!

Simplicity7162Adult.jpg

Inky

One Too Many
Shirin said:
I think if I saw a clown costume like that I might make a run for it!!!

:eek:fftopic: I am very uncomfortable with clowns. In 2004 at a Halloween party my friend paid a guy to chase me around the party for an hour dressed as a VERY disturbing clown.

not fun. payback is a you know what. :rage:

Shirin

A-List Customer
Good grief Inky, I hope you get them back. I don't hate clowns, but some make me nervous. It depends a lot on the costume and the way they interact. I think I've seen too many movies with bad clowns.

Inky

One Too Many
Shirin said:
Good grief Inky, I hope you get them back. I don't hate clowns, but some make me nervous. It depends a lot on the costume and the way they interact. I think I've seen too many movies with bad clowns.

LOL - i did but i won't say how here on FL, because it was most decidedly NOT ladylike, hahaha.

Mine stems back to a neighborhood chum when I was growing up whose father was a professional clown. and a complete *@#)$&.

lady eel

New in Town
clowns!

so many people are afraid of clowns that it has become my main decoration for Halloween. I decorate my house with many fake costumed "people" and a few real people. For the last few years I've been a clown.....with a chainsaw! It's the best to chase people down.

when my son was little, I used to dress up and go out. Won a costume contest as Carmen Miranda (very easy to do) and the best part was there was a guy also dressed as Carmen, don't know who looked better, hehehe

December

One of the Regulars
I don't like clowns either!

My biggest fear is Edward Scissorhands. I'd imagine that's quite a popular choice for a Halloween costume, and I'm dreading the day I go to a party and come face to face with a real live Edward Scissorhands!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I just got a pair of bright yellow/black striped knee-high wool socks...I'm thinking that necessitates going as either a witch, or a honeybee.

If I go as a witch, I have good shoes, the socks, a multitude of black outfit pieces to mix-and-match, and only need to buy the hat and maybe some scarves/spooky silver jewelry.

If I go as the bee, I need wings and an antenna-headband and a yellow scarf/ribbon to wrap as stripes around a black outfit.

What say you, ladies? I think it comes out to costing about the same.

Alternately I could scrap the striped socks as an integral part, and go as a bellydancer...just because I just bought a book on learning the dancing, and want to justify sparkly outfits before I've earned them. lol

Shirin

A-List Customer
Viola said:
I just got a pair of bright yellow/black striped knee-high wool socks...I'm thinking that necessitates going as either a witch, or a honeybee.

If I go as a witch, I have good shoes, the socks, a multitude of black outfit pieces to mix-and-match, and only need to buy the hat and maybe some scarves/spooky silver jewelry.

If I go as the bee, I need wings and an antenna-headband and a yellow scarf/ribbon to wrap as stripes around a black outfit.

What say you, ladies? I think it comes out to costing about the same.

Alternately I could scrap the striped socks as an integral part, and go as a bellydancer...just because I just bought a book on learning the dancing, and want to justify sparkly outfits before I've earned them. lol
I think a honey bee would be cute. You don't see many of those anymore and you'll get many more compliments on that outfit than the witch I'm sure.
Off topic, which book did you buy? I don't know of any belly dance books that can properly teach you belly dance.

December

One of the Regulars
Viola, I think a bee would be cute.

A friend of mine, who's name starts with B had a bee-themed fancy dress party for her birthday.

Here's my outfit:

DSC01573.jpg

DSC01581.jpg

My boppers broke :(

I even drew a little buzzy bee under my eye:

DSC01572.jpg

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
Those soldiers would have got a fright if that was the first thing they saw when they woke up after having a leg blasted off.....

actually... they may have quite liked it.

JennyLou

Practically Family
I think I've decided what to make for this Halloween. I had originally planed to use Simplicity's 4015 pattern but I've had this pattern for years and I think I finally have an excuse to make it.
simplicity_pattern_9723.jpg

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
I love Halloween! Well, what i really love is costumes, but now that i'm not in school, it seems that you need special occasions for those =D

My dad used to be a theater techie, so we generally had really awesome costumes when i was a kid. My first Halloween i was a turtle - with a really nice Dad-made hard-foam shell. If i remember correctly, i took my first step in that costume (what can i say; i've always been a little snarky ;) ).

Now i'm all about puns and simple-to-make fun costumes. I've been a mime twice, which is always a blast at a party. I was the "wicked witch of the west" - complete with black cowboy hat and chaps - in high school. If all else fails, i tend to default to pirate, as i always have my ren-faire stuff in the back of the closet.

I've wanted to go as a treasure troll for years, but i'm terrified that if i can ever get all my hair to stand up, i might never get it back down!

Though, the scariest costume i've ever done was a fairy godmother. That was senior year of high school, back when i was still mistaken for a boy on a regular basis. I got all dolled up in a very poofy dress and people didn't even recognize me. Without fail, all of my friends screamed when they saw me lol.

*martini*time*

A-List Customer
I actually have an idea for a costume for this year (if i actually go to a halloween party instead of yelling at kids who are smashing pumpkins) my boyfriend is remarkably shorter then i am (about 2-3 inches actually) and we're going as an amazon woman and her capture. My plan is to make a fun fur dress, carry a club and have him chained to me in some sort of funny outfit. Then i'm going to wear high heels and draw on a unibrow. It's like the episode of futurerama.

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
*martini*time* said:
I actually have an idea for a costume for this year (if i actually go to a halloween party instead of yelling at kids who are smashing pumpkins) my boyfriend is remarkably shorter then i am (about 2-3 inches actually) and we're going as an amazon woman and her capture. My plan is to make a fun fur dress, carry a club and have him chained to me in some sort of funny outfit. Then i'm going to wear high heels and draw on a unibrow. It's like the episode of futurerama.

Death by snu-snu!

My friend went as a pin-up nurse a few years ago... because she actually IS a nurse. :p

Last year I was La Esmeralda from Hunchback (the book). And this year I'm apparently going to be from a video game... My friends and I are trying to plan out what to be, but I keep changing my mind!

And I wanted the leg avenue Alice costume, but I had to wear the Dorothy one for a haunted house like... two years ago and I don't like... being so revealing! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner