Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hangar dance attire

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
In October, my husband and I are planning to attend the Hangar Dance at the Vintage Flying Museum in Fort Worth. The website says "Optional dress 1940s, military or civilian". Could someone (FortWorthGal?) give us some more specific ideas on appropriate vintage dress? Any help from any of you ladies and gents would be very much appreciated.

--Leslie

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
RaasAlHayya said:
In October, my husband and I are planning to attend the Hangar Dance at the Vintage Flying Museum in Fort Worth. The website says "Optional dress 1940s, military or civilian". Could someone (FortWorthGal?) give us some more specific ideas on appropriate vintage dress? Any help from any of you ladies and gents would be very much appreciated.

--Leslie

Steph and I will be there, too!

We're fairly new at all this, and don't have all that much actual vintage stuff to wear, so we went with the most vintage-y things we had. Steph wore a modern, but vintage-style dress from mybabyjo.com (I think, one of the big women's repro shops anyway), some cute vintagey shoes, and some real seamed stockings from What Katie Did. I wore my J. Peterman Pigment-Dyed suit, vintage tie, and my brown Akubra Federation fedora. We actually fit in pretty well, and looked decently vintage.

RaasAlHayya

A-List Customer
Thanks, Atomic Glee! I will make a dress for myself, but my husband isn't sure what to wear. We're afraid the DB wool pinstripe suit we just bought will be too hot.

This weekend, we'll be heading out to Gratitude to see if we can get something cooler for him.

--Leslie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR