Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harley Davidson's "American Bombshell"

Lenore

Practically Family
Harley's "Military Appreciation Month" Features Hot Babe, Bikes
Tuesday November 3, 2009
Marisa Miller on a Harley Sex sells everything from racing leathers to engine gaskets, but Harley-Davidson's new "American Bombshell" ads-- featuring a retro-riffic Marisa Miller-- draws attention to Harley's first-ever "Military Appreciation Month."

Miller's leggy blondness makes it easy to forget that U.S. soldiers rode Harleys during the Mexican Expedition in 1916, and a special website (www.h-d.com/thankyou) offers 14 postcards that can be emailed to active or retired military personnel, most of which incorporate Ms. Miller in a variety of pinup-style poses. Active military and veterans can also enter to win a Harley of their choice which will be personally delivered by the bombshell herself, and a promotion with Maxim magazine offers more content including downloadable wallpapers.

Slightly less self-serving than Harley's previous collaboration with Ms. Miller (which hyped the V-Rod Muscle), this marketing promotion centers around a good cause while, incidentally, also highlighting their old school bikes. Especially given the dour state of business these days, can anybody blame them?

*I'll post pics in a moment!*

Lenore

Practically Family
Harley-Davidson_MilitaryApprecia-5.jpg

Harley-Davidson_MilitaryApprecia-4.jpg
Harley-Davidson_MilitaryApprecia-3.jpg
Harley-Davidson_MilitaryApprecia-2.jpg
Harley-Davidson_MilitaryApprecia-1.jpg
Harley-Davidson_MilitaryAppreciatio.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Interesting idea. Who is the young lady involved, is she a well-known pin-up in the US? The basic imagery looks good, even if some of the bikes look rather too modern for it. I like the red and black Nightster.

Lenore

Practically Family
The model's name is Marisa Miller. She does a lot of work with Harley. As far as anything else, I'm not aware of it. More pictures for model and bike eye candy.

Army1.jpg

Army2.jpg

Army3.jpg

Marines.jpg

Navy1.jpg

I'm more interested in the thank you card service that Harley is providing with these pictures. If you go to their website, you can fill out a thank you card to be sent to a serviceman. :D

DetroitFalcons

Familiar Face
This makes perfect sense. Harley uses vintage style pinup since they have vintage style technology, Porsche motor in the VRod not withstanding.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
VINTAGE Ad Campaign

Navy1.jpg

Work with a guy in his early 30's looking to buy his 1st bike & its going to be a Harley! He's just the age based customer Harley needs MORE of, as they have struggled with an aging customer base. NICE post Lenore! Solid Citizen ;)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
Interesting idea. Who is the young lady involved, is she a well-known pin-up in the US? The basic imagery looks good, even if some of the bikes look rather too modern for it. I like the red and black Nightster.

She gained her notoriety as a model for the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, this past February being the cover model.

that's where I recognized her from, and she's been on the television from time to time that I've seen.
scottyrocks said:
She gained her notoriety as a model for the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, this past February being the cover model.

Foofoogal

Banned
She is very pretty. I am near Harley world here in Arkansas. They just had a big hoedown in Fayetteville.
Amazing how mainstream riding has become in last 20 years.
I like vintage pinup looking photos when they are tastefully done.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
She's really pretty, but seems off or uncomfortable with the pinup look. She looks bored. But I'd trade faces with her any day! Heck I'd trade bodies too! lol Thanks for sharing. I love seeing modern ads with the pinup/retro look to them!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
scottyrocks said:
Yep, and I saw her on the runway for Victoria Secrets last Summer.

Edward

Bartender
scottyrocks said:

I've heard of this.... is Sports Illustrated a sports mag otherwise? The "swmsuit issue" is the only one I've heard of, namechecked in a lot of US pop culture stuff. Sounds like its basically a girly mag issue, but a bit more on the tasteful side than the likes of Playboy?

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Army2.jpg

I laud the effort and I appreciate the aesthetic.

But - is it just me or is her physique decidedly non - golden era pinup? I'd prefer Betty Page any day of the week.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. 'H' said:
I laud the effort and I appreciate the aesthetic.

But - is it just me or is her physique decidedly non - golden era pinup? I'd prefer Betty Page any day of the week.

The Harley Davidson “Military Appreciation Month” creative material featuring Miller pays tribute to the nostalgic military images painted by service members on the sides of U.S. bombers during World War II. Miller wears uniforms representing all five branches of the military in the photorealism styled creative.

I will suffer the inaccuracies as I must do my part....:p :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner