Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harry Palmer's trousers

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I'm looking for a pair of trousers with a slim 60's cut to them. Rather like these worn by Michael Caine as Harry Palmer in "The Ipcress File":
michaelcaineasharrypalmer6ub.jpg

I'm hoping to find a make that comes close enough so that I don't have to have them altered. I'd also like something priced around $50-$80 at the most. Anyone have a suggestion for a store (online or not) that might carry these? Thanks!

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
American Vintage Classics

Sefton said:
I'm looking for a pair of trousers with a slim 60's cut to them. Rather like these worn by Michael Caine as Harry Palmer in "The Ipcress File":

(image)

I'm hoping to find a make that comes close enough so that I don't have to have them altered. I'd also like something priced around $50-$80 at the most. Anyone have a suggestion for a store (online or not) that might carry these? Thanks!
American Vintage Classics has a number of cool 60s (and 30s through 70s too) pants here. They're reasonably priced, and you could get all the info you wanted on any pair. Gino's a very nice fellow. I was just thinking of Michael Caine today, and not just how he's one of the best actors that's ever lived, but about a pair of retro-style sunglasses a company called Petroleum makes, and claims to be of the type MC wore in the 60s.

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Sefton, where'd you get your latest avatar of Michael Caine? Is it from Ipcress File, or something different?
Thanks!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
adamgottschalk, Thanks for the link. They have some promising stuff there.

Flitcraft, I'm sorry but I don't remember the address of the website that I "borrowed" that image from. I found it by doing a Gooogle image search under "The Ipcress File". Michael Caine always looks so good in his dress style,especially in those great 60s films. I've heard that the 60s style of suit is making a comeback and I hope that's true. I really love the sharp clean lines...
In my opinion Americans dressed exceptionally well right through the mid 60s. After that....well, let's just say I blame the Beatles...;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner