Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hartmann fit opinions...?

mr_lits

A-List Customer
Just got my Eastman Hartmann and for the most part love it. Leather has great feel and construction is tight. I am just not used to wearing a jacket this trim fit. I want to know what you guys think about the fit. I am mobile in it and know the cut is intended to be a more "fit" jacket. Just want to make sure I don't end up with the fat guy in a little coat aesthetic... I turn the mic over to the quorum.
IMG_2026.JPG
IMG_2027.JPG

mr_lits

A-List Customer
Thanks gents. My concern/questioning is mostly dictated to the arms, which at standing come right to the wrist. Feel like it might be a bit short when outstretched... but I'm probably overthinking it.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The fit looks perfect. I remember some time ago a member bought a Pegasus Luftwaffe and had the same concern although it looked perfect on him. It's a very trim-fitting jacket: look at the WWII photos of the pilots, a great many of whom, I would imagine, were barely out of their teens.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It fits pretty well, I wouldn't call that a trim fit. It fit's just right and there appears to be spare room in the body and sleeves, so no stuffed sausage look for you. I would prefer an extra inch or so in length but this style is often worn short like this. Well done.

AdeeC

Practically Family
Agree with the consensus. Great fit. May mold a little better after breaking in. Length is perfect for this style. Looking at photos of originals, many pilots wore theirs even trimmer than this.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a really superb jacket and it fits you fine. The short version of that jacket can be seen in the Pegasus Marseille DB Luftwaffe jacket. The fit on the guy sporting it on their website is similar to the way yours looks (IMHO), which is the way it's supposed to. I like the hell out of both jackets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21