Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

has anyone purchased one of these pins?

caul

New in Town
Hello!

I recently bought a modern straw version of the Stratoliner. It's a great hat but I was very disappointed with the pin. I've been looking around for a replacement and found these:

http://www.1903.com/Military-Jewelery/Commerical/TWA-Stratoliner-Aircraft-Sterling-Pin-p772.html

Has anyone bought one of these? They look nice enough, though maybe a bit too large.

On a side note, I was at the TWA museum in downtown KC recently and they did not have a Stratoliner hat on display! I asked about it and the gentleman giving the tour had not heard of it. He was very intrigued though and did mention they were looking to expand, they've had a great deal of donations and don't currently have the space to display them, so perhaps there is a Stratoliner hat among their recent acquisitions.

Thanks!

Brett

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone bought one of these?

I bought the DC3 pin from these guys and it is very nice, close to the original one from the Stratoliner hat.

Another Lounger now has mine, it became unused because I was able to get a vintage TWA DC3 pin for my hat instead.

Yep, I have one on my Black Jack Strat. I have some of their DC3 pins on my vintage Strats since that is what they came with. Original pins are kept safe...
HatCo modern Strats don't have any pins. The ones they came with are pitiful & the hat doesn't deserve to wear a pin associated with the original Strat lids. JMHO

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yep, I have one on my Black Jack Strat. I have some of their DC3 pins on my vintage Strats since that is what they came with. Original pins are kept safe...
HatCo modern Strats don't have any pins. The ones they came with are pitiful & the hat doesn't deserve to wear a pin associated with the original Strat lids. JMHO

Tell us how you REALLY feel! ;)

caul

New in Town
Thanks for the info! So, if I understand correctly, the pins offered at the link in my original post are actually reproductions of the pin that originally came with the Stratoliner?

caul

New in Town
great, thanks! I'm okay with a repro. I just want something that looks better than the pin it came with. I'm not even sure why they put one on the new Strats, the pins are so bad. Why bother?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24