Hat articles and photos...

Discussion in 'Hats' started by David V, Nov 14, 2008.

1. LuvMyMan

LuvMyMan I’ll Lock Up.

Humm.....sadly I would have to guess he would never be on the Lounge. I say this as if he was, I'd welcome him and then start to see if I would be able to reason with him to turn his life around, and to hope he could understand that "good" is a far stronger place for the Human race, then "bad". Lord knows we sure have enough "bad" around the entire world. Not sure he looks very good in a Fedora? My Husband thinks Ol' Kim, would look better in handcuffs!

2. Lotsahats

Lotsahats One Too Many

Oh, man, that would be a fun guessing game. You know, all we need are the wealthy North Korean elites coming in and elevating hat prices even further. ;)

3. belfastboy

belfastboy My Mail is Forwarded Here

Are we even allowed to trade hats with North Korea?

4. Bob Roberts

Bob Roberts I'll Lock Up

The North Koreans have hacked The Lounge!

5. Lotsahats

Lotsahats One Too Many

Just send 'em with Dennis Rodman. :D

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  6. moehawk

moehawk I'll Lock Up

Dang. I have been found out! Back to worker's paradise with my decadent Western hats!

7. ChrisB

ChrisB A-List Customer

"Dear Leader"!

8. kaosharper1

kaosharper1 One Too Many

Kirk H. and Bob Roberts like this.
  9. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

Unfortunately behind a paywall...

Edit: Opening in Chrome Incognito got me to the article.

Double Edit: Yup a good and fair article. I think your impression is the same as mine, Kao. I also disagree with the advise not to cock your hat. It doesn't have to be drastic, and I think on most folks, the high angle cock looks "affected," but all men can look good with a little "hattitude."

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
    RJR, Kirk H. and Bob Roberts like this.
  10. Bamaboots

Bamaboots I'll Lock Up

Redfokker likes this.
  11. moehawk

moehawk I'll Lock Up

Just wait for the equestrian seat-belt law...

12. rocketeer

rocketeer Call Me a Cab

I love the full traditional dressage look though it does not suit me. Personally despite the chance of serious head injuries I think it should be a choice. Next on the list will be the Spanish riding hat(Sombrero) and Rodeo western styles(Cowboy hats to the layman) will all come under health and saftey.

Redfokker likes this.
  13. Joao Encarnado

Joao Encarnado I'll Lock Up

Next is removing the human and leave the horse alone doing all jumps.
    And after that, it looses it's interest and become a pointless sport.

Redfokker likes this.
  14. Joao Encarnado

Joao Encarnado I'll Lock Up

A solution have been found by Resistol. They call it Ridesafe.
    http://ridesafe.myshopify.com/

RJR and Redfokker like this.
  15. nvilletele

nvilletele One of the Regulars

16. Corky

Corky Practically Family

https://www.laphamsquarterly.org/roundtable/strange-properties-and-histories-magic-hat

The Strange Properties and Histories of the Magic Hat

On wishing hats, top hats, the Helm of Death, and other mystical headwear.

A telling aspect of the magic hat, as a physical thing, is that its form is often mundane, appearing in the shape of a traveler’s or laborer’s hat, such as a cap or a simple fedora. Described as a “coarse felt hat” in an English play about a wishing hat published at the turn of the seventeenth century, and in a nineteenth-century Grimm’s fairy tale as a “little old worn-out hat” that “has strange properties,” it is similarly defined in many stories.

The magic hat’s association with the commonplace has continued into modern times. For example, the top hat used in the magician’s show, though linked with the wealthy, was a style worn by many men and women who lived on the lowest rungs of the class system. The Harry Potter Sorting Hat, so probing that “there’s nothing hidden in your head / The Sorting Hat can’t see,” was an old, bent “pointed wizard’s hat” that was “patched…frayed and extremely dirty.” The sacred hat, too, in many cultures has been based, like the magic hat, on the commonplace.

A cap, as a hat form, is one of the oldest types of headwear. The etymological root of the word cap, as historian Beverly Chico plausibly suggests in her encyclopedia of hats, comes from the Germanic haet, meaning “hut,” and is connected to the Belgic Briton word cappan, meaning “wattle huts or cabins.” In these meanings, she sees the cap as a covering akin to architecture.
    (Cont'd at link)

https://www.laphamsquarterly.org/roundtable/strange-properties-and-histories-magic-hat

[​IMG]

hatophile, steur, humanshoes and 3 others like this.