Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Auction member Register

Magus

Practically Family
I completely agree with the Fedora Lounge stance on posting current eBay auctions and have read the posts that we, here at the lounge, my be inflating the auctions ourselves. So I had a thought?¢‚Ǩ¬¶perhaps we should post our eBay id?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s somehow here so that we know when another Lounge member is bidding. There are some hats that I REALLY want at auction while some I simply hope to get. Then there are others that I am casually bidding on if I get it fine?¢‚Ǩ¬¶if not that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s fine too. If I knew another Lounge buddy really wanted it, in some/many cases I would back off. Or if it is a chapeau that I desire as well then at least you know who you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re up against and the ?¢‚Ǩ?ìrivalry?¢‚Ǩ? can be friendly.

So?¢‚Ǩ¬¶my id there is ?¢‚Ǩ?ìmmagus?¢‚Ǩ? if you see me on an auction and really desire the item, drop me a note there or here and let me know. Maybe we can beat eBay at its own game and not artificially inflate prices through a little communication amongst ourselves.

A note to our host and bartenders here. If this thread is out of line or in the wrong area feel free to yank it and let me know. No worries. On the other hand if there were a page with the list of eBay ID's that I could quickly search here at the Lounge, that might be nice too. (not sure if that is possible or desireable)

M

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I feel like the little cardboard/animated guys in the Guinness commercials saying "BRILLIANT!"

It's an EXCELLENT idea to add it in the profile as a searchable field! That's the most practical way I can think of to find them, as otherwise we'd be constantly trying to find this thread and searching through it visually.

And mine is [apowell1].

Magus

Practically Family
MK said:
This could be a good idea. I could add the field to members profile. It could even be searchable. Thoughts?

Perfect! If/when you do it perhaps you could sticky note it somewhere so that those who choose to update that feild can click through to it eaisily.

M

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
An Excellent Idea. Implement ASAP.

eBay has strictures on what is and what is not Fair Play/Usage of their site. I suggest that we familiarize ourselves with them. A caveat; a great deal of information about you may be gleaned from your pattern of buying and less so from your sales.

Magus said:
Or if it is a chapeau that I desire as well then at least you know who you?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢re up against and the ?¢‚Ǩ?ìrivalry?¢‚Ǩ? can be friendly.

Or you could just PM me and ask for permission to bid. :p :icon_smil
You will never see my id until seconds before the end of the auction anyway but it is the same as my id here. :)
It is a good idea but it only works if we check the auction everyday. My bids are placed mostly before one other bid is placed on the item and I don't check it out until the end. If I see a name I recognize before then I back off.
That reminds me, I think I have a prospect for someone who likes Stingy brim Stetson. Pm me.

Regards,

J

Sparhawk2k

New in Town
Great Idea!

I haven't had a chance to get anything on eBay yet (just started browsing recently) but I hope to soon. And on a college budget I like the idea of not driving the prices up too much if possible... I'm Sparhawk2k on there as well. :?Ǭ¨)

EBAY Seller title.

MK said:
This could be a good idea. I could add the field to members profile. It could even be searchable. Thoughts?
MK! Greetings, how are you?

Sounds like a good idea, worth trying.

Although, I don't want to see EBAY squabbles played out in this forum. That could get nasty, and escalate quickly.

Sincerely,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy