Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat for my Daughter

funneman

Practically Family
This just arrived on our doorstep yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130161269748&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

I picked it up for my twelve year old daughter who keeps wearing my black Lee stingy, even though it's too small for her.

This a one great little hat, never worn, sewn-in lining. I hit it with some steam and it came out looking brand new.

Not only did I win it for a steal, but the seller re-figured the shipping and only charged me a couple of dollars. The whole thing came to around $6.99 WITH shipping!

Needless to say, she's thrilled. I don't think she's taken it off since it got here!

fatwoul

Practically Family
Great hat, and great to hear of someone so young who is already so enthusiastic about her hats.

How did it look after you worked on it? Did you take any pictures before your girl grabbed it?

carter

I'll Lock Up
What a nice thing to do for your daughter. :)

Mine likes to wear one of my straws when riding in the T-Bird. :)

We gotta get them in hats early! :D

funneman

Practically Family
fatwoul said:
Great hat, and great to hear of someone so young who is already so enthusiastic about her hats.

How did it look after you worked on it? Did you take any pictures before your girl grabbed it?

Sorry, no "Before" photos, but the one on the listing is exactly how it came out of the box.

I gave it some steam and a good brushing, snapped the brim down in the front and gave it a center bash.

I'll have her take a few "After" photos and upload them.

funneman

Practically Family
RBH said:
Sweet! Did she leave in the feather?

Yes, she did. It's a very loud green. Looks like it could have come off of one of the thousands of Quaker Parrots that live around here. I doubt it though, the hat came from Washington State.

deelovely

Practically Family
Very cool! I have a 10 year old daughter who is seeing how excited her dad and I are about hats and it is starting to rub off on her as well! She will enjoy seeing some pics of your daughter when you post and I'm sure would love for me to post one of her also!:D

funneman

Practically Family
30xebmq.jpg

Said "12 Year Old Daughter" posting in place of her dad, funneman. :] Here I am, in my lovely hat. There's the feather, I love the color.

fatwoul

Practically Family
funneman said:
30xebmq.jpg

Said "12 Year Old Daughter" posting in place of her dad, funneman. :] Here I am, in my lovely hat. There's the feather, I love the color.

Hey 12YOD, it suits you perfectly, and works well with your glasses.

Liking the attitude you're throwing at the camera too. You're a Douglas in the making. :)

funneman - that girl of yours is going to give you a run for your money, I reckon. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic