Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Help

SheBear74

Practically Family
Not sure where to ask for help. :p A friend just gave me these three hats. I know NOTHING about vintage hats. The labels say Union Made AX 731921. It has a stamp next to it, I will try to get a better pic. You can see all three in the video, I don't even know really how to wear them other than they go on your head. Also how should I store them? Thanks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNgy89G7_Pw&feature=youtube_gdata

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you should post your question on the Hats site. Some members have a strong amateur knowledge of hat labels. Also, one of the ladies named Caramel Smoothie buys a lot of vintage women's hats, although her favorites are cloche hats from the 20s. I would like to see more about women's hats on that site. I get tired of seeing guys in hats.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is, but the label information would be common to hats of both genders, and a few women seem to cruise the site as well. I personally am interested to see more women out there with fur felt hats of good style, because it would make wearing my own hats more interesting somehow, out there in public. What you have now is a certain number of wool hats worn by women, which look good, but fur felt hats look cooler, and more women wearing them would mean more styles developed by hat makers. In other words, it would be more fun if women also wore cool hats more regularly.

SheBear74

Practically Family
I agree! I would love to see women start wearing hats more. I think I have shyed away simply because I am not always sure how to wear them. I may have to start wearing them more, which in Florida would make sense. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21