Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Measurer Tool

SPRFINO

Familiar Face
l_41e187aca73845a295320a69e024cbcb.jpg

I found a supplier for this tool but there is a minimum order. Is there any interest out there at around $100.00 each. At this price I will probably be carrying the shipping cost but I want to make it reasonable. I will need about 3 or 4 others to go in on the deal. This is modern made equivelant of the antique hat measurer made in the late 1800's early 1900's that is almost impossible to find; shown below.

l_a94cbdaabf2a466db089ec83031bc416.jpg

Marc

Vendor
Do you take Paypal?

Please drop me a line when they're ready to go. I'd like to have one of these:)

Here's my e-mail address: Marc_Kitter(at)web.de

Thanks,

Marc

SPRFINO

Familiar Face
OK, it looks like there is plenty of interest to get this going. I will get some firm numbers and get back to everyone who has/will reply. Please be patient, but I should have something to go on soon. Thank You

AEH

One of the Regulars
If you will ship to Europe ...

I am interested. Would prefere PayPal, and of course I understand that there will be extra shipping.

SPRFINO

Familiar Face
I pretty much have a firm cost of $112.00 total to your door anywhere in the US. Shipping abroad will be slightly more. I think I should put a cut off date for this of midnight Friday Feb. 27. If you have already PM'd me or express(ed) interest in the thread before that date/time then you are in. I will send out individual invoices to everyone after that date, collect money, make order, etc. Hopefully we all can get are hands on them in under a month from now. Jordan

Will Morgan

Vendor
We'd sure like to have one of these, if it works... but I am concerned as to why the manufacturer doesn't put them up for sale in a normal fashion, accepting returns.

I certainly appreciate the effort you are putting in to facilitate a group buy, but could use more information if I'm going to put money into it.

Has the person who is making them ever made one before?
( and thus know that they can make them on a timeline and on budget? )

Have you seen a working model this person / manufacturer has produced?

Is the person or company in the US? ( I once got in on a group buy for some microphones from China and the deal fell apart because the group-buy coordinator had his balance impounded by paypal I think because the balance was substantial and contributions had come in internationally ).

We'd be in for a proven product, more info would help ameliorate my concerns... thanks for your efforts!

SPRFINO

Familiar Face
Will, to answer your questions...I was searching for an acurate hat measurer that I can use for myself and I knew what I was after having seen Art use something similar in his shop years ago. Well, many hours later, I found two vintage items; both had sold, one I missed in a live auction (not eBay) by a matter of hours and it sold cheap. When I get an idea stuck in my head I don't give up easily...so...after many more hours searching online I found an overseas hat and cap manufacturer that has produced the item shown for its own in house use and also offers them for sale. They have them made up and in stock, and ready to ship. The actual item itself is shown, not exactly high tech, so the quality does really speak for itself. The minimum order I was quoted is 5 pieces. Well I am not going to put myself out $500.00 just to get one and sit on the rest, but I will put in my $112 with everyone else. Now I am pretty handy in the shop but I couldn't make this item for anywhere near $100 with the time that would be involved. I will probably go with PayPal to accept payments. Funds with be paid to the manufacturer separately so I do not anticipate any problems with the deal falling through. In any case I will refund all money if this goes awry and stand behind my own reputation as a verified PayPal Business Member in good standing. I hope this has answered your questions, if you are in or out, just say the word. Jordan

Will Morgan

Vendor
Jordan thanks much for the additional info, that gave me what I need to know!

I would like to order one. I can do paypal which costs the receiver a bit i believe, or check, or money order...

Ever the optimist, but trying to protect your position and the community too by making the terms of the deal a bit more explicit. I wonder if the shipping quote you put together covers insurance?

I would be happy to pay a few bucks more for insured shipping if the quote provided doesn't cover loss, and alternatively wouldn't bemoan a loss too much / am self insured if the thing gets lost.

I figure you have taken on the trust relationship with the manufacturer, so if the manufacturer rips everyone off you are v-toast...

But I wouldn't want to see one or more people angry at you the market maker because their expectation was that the market maker would cover any individual losses in shipping between the manufacturer and end consumer.

Thanks very much again for putting this together!

SPRFINO

Familiar Face
Ok, so far I have:

AEH
ART FAWCETT
BENDINGOAK
FEDORA
MARC
PANAMABOB
TONYB
TOOBACAT
WEEGEE
WILL MORGAN
ZETWAL

Anybody else out there that wants in on this, you have through Friday until midnight (11:59 pm 2/27/09 Fedora Lounge time). Posts and pm's after that will be disregarded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy