Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hat question

dostacos

Practically Family
I am a big guy and I was wondering if a hat with a narrow brim would look funny on me? I do not have any hats yet but I do have my eyes on one and I do have a camptown Indy on the way

big kahuna

Familiar Face
They say hat big head should stick with big brim...

..But I have grown attached to my two stingy brim homburgs, especially when playing music indoors. My wife thinks that the stingy brim's are less complimentary and that they give the appearance that I am some sort of "character" or that it is a contrived look (she thinks the big brims look more natural on me).

My rule is, if you like it, wear it!!:D

fatwoul

Practically Family
Umbrellas are evil. I was forced to use one a few months back, and the metalwork cut my hand so badly I had to go into the nearest shop and ask them to break out the first aid kit.

That's one of the reasons I wear hats now - so I can forget about umbrellas and their evil ways.

Topper

Vendor
fatwoul said:
Umbrellas are evil. I was forced to use one a few months back, and the metalwork cut my hand so badly I had to go into the nearest shop and ask them to break out the first aid kit.

That's one of the reasons I wear hats now - so I can forget about umbrellas and their evil ways.

My Dear Chap,

An umbrella is one of the safest items around, you must have been using it incorrectly. Did you perchance unfurl it in the rain, the opening it casued the accident If so then that was mistake....

One's umbrella should remain furled at all times. In case of rain, hold said umbrella towards the sky (still furled) at about 45 degrees and shout in a commanding voice "Cabbie!" :D

Doh!

One Too Many
While that site's guildelines are pretty good, I really think you just need to try on different ones and decide for yourself. If you look around the Lounge, there are plenty of examples of guys who can pull off both wide and stingy brims.

fatwoul

Practically Family
Topper said:
My Dear Chap,

An umbrella is one of the safest items around, you must have been using it incorrectly. Did you perchance unfurl it in the rain, the opening it casued the accident If so then that was mistake....

One's umbrella should remain furled at all times. In case of rain, hold said umbrella towards the sky (still furled) at about 45 degrees and should in a commanding voice "Cabbie!" :D

Ah so that's what I did wrong... lol

dostacos

Practically Family
Topper said:
My Dear Chap,

One's umbrella should remain furled at all times. In case of rain, hold said umbrella towards the sky (still furled) at about 45 degrees and should in a commanding voice "Cabbie!" :D
THOSE are words to live by lol

well I should know if the hat works in a few days if I win it on da bay

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Topper said:
My Dear Chap,

One's umbrella should remain furled at all times. In case of rain, hold said umbrella towards the sky (still furled) at about 45 degrees and shout in a commanding voice "Cabbie!" :D

Is that what Mary Poppins did?

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
OK a wider brim is like 3" where "stingy" is more like 1.5- 1.75" Look for 2.25-2.50" and you'll be fine
th_Tip-Hat.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen