Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Rookie on Ebay - Did I Do Well?

mingoslim

Practically Family
I think you did OK . . .

CdnDandy said:
Well, I am not exactly an Ebay expert. I've had an account for many years, and bought and sold a few minor things. I've been encouraged by all of your wonderful Ebay finds to try my hand at auction hat shopping. So honestly, how did I do?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350002594376&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=022

Nice looking stingy . . . and a great price. I think you did OK.
Good luck, now that the bug has bitten you, you are going to find it hard to resist. ;)

CdnDandy

Familiar Face
mingoslim said:
Nice looking stingy . . . and a great price. I think you did OK.
Good luck, now that the bug has bitten you, you are going to find it hard to resist. ;)

Tell me about it. There's too much on Ebay that I would like to bid on!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Any time you can get a fur bodied hat that you like, which is your size and is in good condition, for a price like that...you are doing good.

As far as the brand goes, I have one labelled "Bourse Cellini." It was an attempt to sound like that most famous of Italian hatmakers, namely Borsalino. They evidently had to drop the "Bourse" from their label (not surprising). It was a budget priced hat of surprisingly good quality. Not quite as good as Borsalino, but not garbage.

CdnDandy

Familiar Face
J.T.Marcus said:
Any time you can get a fur bodied hat that you like, which is your size and is in good condition, for a price like that...you are doing good.

As far as the brand goes, I have one labelled "Bourse Cellini." It was an attempt to sound like that most famous of Italian hatmakers, namely Borsalino. They evidently had to drop the "Bourse" from their label (not surprising). It was a budget priced hat of surprisingly good quality. Not quite as good as Borsalino, but not garbage.

Thanks for the info - that's all I can hope for, at the price. :)

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T.Marcus said:

Probably not an attempt to sound like Borsalino - bourse is also a term for market or store or something along those lines in other parts of the world.

HamletJSD

A-List Customer
I don't know anything about the brand or the hat from the seller's description ...

but I can tell you if it were my size I would have been bidding at that price!!!

Good buy, let us know what it's like!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner