Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat sellers in London

I'm Johan from Holland..

Im going to London next month for a couple of days.
Maybe some of you can tell me where i can find hat sellers in London..
I like the Akubra (cattleman/bushman) hat...and the 40's and 50's wide brimmed hats.
I have an Aero halfbelt (black HH) and an Aero brown A2 jacket...and a Lost Worlds Suburban (black HH) coat.

Regards.

Johan.

internetgamble

New in Town
Flaming_Groovy said:
I'm Johan from Holland..

I like the Akubra (cattleman/bushman) hat...and the 40's and 50's wide brimmed hats.
I have an Aero halfbelt (black HH) and an Aero brown A2 jacket...and a Lost Worlds Suburban (black HH) coat.

Regards.

Johan.

Hi Johan,

Top of the range and famous London hat shop Lock and Co
http://www.lockhatters.co.uk/ - they are the best and also the most expensive. Worth going there just to look and try on a few hats. They are in St James, near Picadilly.

Just around the corner from there, in Jermyn Street is another well known hat shop, Bates http://www.bates-hats.co.uk/
Not quite so expensive but still quite pricey.

My suggestion to you is to get the tube to Picadilly, start your walk at the Haymarket end of Jermyn Street and check out the shops along here - famous street for men's outfitters, also Fortnum and Mason, Dunhill, expensive shoemakers and great cheese shop - walk along to junction with St James, turn left down St james to take you to Lock and Co.
While you're in that area, take in Burlington Arcade and make your way up Bond/New Bond Street.

Not sure about other hat shops in London - often outdoor antique markets will bring up a nice hat now and again. Portobello Market or Spitalfields or Bermondsey.

Good luck

billyspew

One Too Many
If you're going to Hornets there's actually 3 stores each with a different range of colours and styles all within a few minutes walk of each other.

There's also Radio Days which is a short tube ride from Green Park (near Lock & Bates') at Waterloo. This stocks a decent range of vintage style hats (fedoras mostly) and a few vintage hats. Good range of other vintage items too.

You could also try the Hat Centre, not really near any tourist spots (so a little out of the way) but the range and price look good.

Camden markets has some vintage hats (mostly in smaller sizes), mostly of European origin (yes Britain is not in Europe). There's also the "new" stuff like pinstripe trilbys etc. There's a few vintage shops on Chalk Farm Road which have the odd good find in them. Camden is somewhere you should go anyway.

Hope that helps.

Bill

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
You could try Herbert Johnson (don't know the address), the maker of the original Indy fedora, although they make other hats too. They are quite expensive but probably the best quality hatters you are likely to find in England.

Flaming_Groovy said:
I'm Johan from Holland..

Regards.

Johan.

Thanks everybody....you've helped me finding hat sellers in London.
I surely will buy some nice hats for summer and winter....

Regards.

Johan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80